Anniversary present?? £500 budget

I would love some help with an anniversary present! We've been married 6 years in Feb and I want to do something truly special for my OH. As those in the Flylady thread will know I've had a rough few weeks but things are looking brighter and better now!

So any ideas?

I've done the experience days, we generally tend to go away once a month at least, done spas and similar. He has all the gadgets he needs... so I'm stumped!

xoxoxoxoxox
Foreign politicians often zing stereotypical tunes, mayday, mayday, Venezuela, neck

Comments

• LOL, can see why you are stumped. HMMMMMMM tricky. Does he have a nice watch? I know you say about the experience days, but if he likes cars can you hire him a Ferrari for a day or something?

Sorry cant be of more help, it's hard with someone you dont know xx
  • ncv2
    ncv2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    How about tickets to a show or a football game for a team he supports?
  • Thanks for your suggestions! He doesn't really support a team at all, and he's already got a watch that I bought him. I'm so confused!

I've been able to save the £500 by being a bit more OS with things, and saving change etc... plus the £1000 in 100 really helped... I don't have to spend so much but I have no idea what else to do for him!

xoxoxoxox
    Foreign politicians often zing stereotypical tunes, mayday, mayday, Venezuela, neck
  • pir
    pir Posts: 152 Forumite
    I don't think you need to spend so much. I'm very anti spending too much on Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays etc.

I say do something together. Night or two in nice hotel/spa. Go somewhere (doesn't have to be far), get in some dinner, then go back to a gorgeous hotel suite (ones that have full sized pool tables are always good). Maybe book in some spa treatments (massage) the next day and just relax.

Focus on spending time together away from everything. I think that makes a good treat. Also it's your anniversary so it should be something to share.

The other money saver note is that if you have a budget like £500 you generally end up aiming to spend that when you could spend less so try and not view it as a task to spend the £500 :)
  • I made chocolate cake for a 6th anniversary in the family,
    Choc caramel sponge
    choc buttercream filling
    choc icing
    with choc fingers all the way round
    filled up the recess made by the fingers with minstrels and mars planets.
    Put 6 lollies in the top as decoration

6th anniversary is sugar ;)
    "I know that Prince Charming doesn’t come save me, we save each other and fight back to back against all comers that’s what marriage is to me. Nothing passive, no being carried off on a white steed, give me my own damn horse and lets ride into the sunset side by side." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
  • How about a Teepee Retreat - just the two of you?I love the idea of this!http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/excursions/short-breaks/wigwam/teepee-retreat-wales/
    "Normal is not something to aspire to - it is something to get away from" - Jodie Foster
  • Neeny82
    Neeny82 Posts: 342 Forumite
    Yes or rent a log cabin for the weekend and perhaps look into some adventure you can do together such as Go Ape or similar. If he really has got everything then I would perhaps go for somthing like that.

OR.............. you could go to a professional photographer and have some classy glamour type shots done of yourself and give that to him framed as a kind of naughty anniversary present! (I know I've made that sound totally seedy - lol, but my friend did one for her H2B for a wedding present and the pictures were beautiful - a little risque but gorgeous!)
    :D Finally decided to start growing up when it comes to money!:j
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    How about a weekend away skiing? February is mid season, and as long as you are able to avoid Valentines day or half-term, you should be OK on your budget. And if you don't want to ski, there are lots of romantic things to do - sled rides, log fires with hot chocolate & brandy, snowball fights...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hi zara

My DH surprised me on Saturday with a belated wedding present of my own number plate. I was so pleased I actually cried when I saw it. He said everytime I saw it hopefully it would remind me of our big day.

Not sure if something similar might work for your DH.

Kaz x
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • oooh, there was a similar post on here yesterday about what to get parents for anniversary present - you might get some ideas from there?

I replied to that thread too - it was my mum and dads Ruby wedding anniversary last year and we all chipped in and got their wedding footage (original cine) made into a film with loads of other pictures and video. Its brilliant and they absolutely cherish it. Here's the link and I think it was about £300?

HTH's
    Hels x
    Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
    Albert Einstein
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family