Bank cashed Data cheque but haven't sent information

My son wrote to Halifax/BoS to get details of his charges before making a hardship claim. He used the template letter but sent it to his own branch instead of the head office. The cheque was cashed a fortnight later but after 40 days the bank still haven't sent anything. He's written now to the data manager (the address given in Martin's instructions) to complain. Nine days later, still no response. What's the next step - the data commission? Are the bank delaying it in the hope that the next court event in October will put off claimants?

Comments

• nlamont wrote: »
    My son wrote to Halifax/BoS to get details of his charges before making a hardship claim. He used the template letter but sent it to his own branch instead of the head office. The cheque was cashed a fortnight later but after 40 days the bank still haven't sent anything. He's written now to the data manager (the address given in Martin's instructions) to complain. Nine days later, still no response. What's the next step - the data commission? Are the bank delaying it in the hope that the next court event in October will put off claimants?
    If they cashed the cheque then it might be worth asking them which account it was cashed to? I would suggest you ask HBOS to look into this one today even if it means you contacting them by phone to ask them.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family