Refused COOP cashminder what now?

Options
just got off the phone to coop and been refused cashminder account, couldn't tell me why and i dont know what to do now.

i've got a readycash account with yorkshire bank that was opened in march this year and i go BR in just over 2 weeks.

is there anyway i can appeal this and i need a bank account for direct debits and standing orders?

Comments

• philnicandamy
    Options
    EVEN if the OR says they have no interest in the yorkshire account once you go BR then its up to the bank IF your allowed to keep...although dont hold any hope

have you tried barclays? they offer a basic account with a visa debit card & dd's etc

is everything on your credit files as it should be? no fraud markers? your on the electoral role? as a basic account isnt credit checked...are you 100% sure co-op knew you wanted the cashminder account? wouldnt be the first time they made a mistake & tried to open a standard account for someone
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • DarkConvict
    Options
    You could re-ask co-op why you were refused. But i would try with barclays basic account (cash card i think). My friend got it opened on the day of his appointment, and was straight forward.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • philnicandamy
    Options
    You could re-ask co-op why you were refused sadly due to data protection they'll refuse to tell you usually...the ONLY way you can see is looking at your credit files to see if everything is as it should be. But i would try with barclays basic account (cash card i think). My friend got it opened on the day of his appointment, and was straight forward.

did you owe the co-op anything?
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • DEPTFREE2010
    Options
    im having this trouble too :confused: barclays wont let me have an account as i owe them money, co-op wont either even though i owe nothing to them
  • liddley
    Options
    I was refused a coop account but when I phoned up to ask why they had made a mistake on the application process.Put me down for a current accound not a cash minder. So reaplied over the phone and It went to referel. have to wait a week to see if its been accepted!
  • Gaz1971
    Gaz1971 Posts: 488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    People keep saying basic bank accounts arent credit checked, but when you apply for one and are refused they say they checked your credit file and you dont come upto scratch:confused:
  • gj195
    gj195 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    My OH was refused by both Co-op cashminder and barclays cash card this week, i have written to head office to them to ask why... i won't hold my breath for a quick reply!
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. :A
  • philnicandamy
    Options
    Gaz1971 wrote: »
    People keep saying basic bank accounts arent credit checked correct..., but when you apply for one and are refused they say they checked your credit file and you dont come upto scratch:confused:they look at credit files for any fraud markers & for ID purps

Just a few thoughts ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure