Let down big-time by a local Plasterer - seeking recommendations please

Options
I've been recently let down by a local Plasterer who did a botched job on a bathroom ceiling replacement and I need to get this re-done asap by a reliable tradesman. I could argue the case with the ‘cowboy’ Plasterer and potentially get him back to try and rectify but I'd rather write it off as a bad experience (luckily it wasn’t that expensive) and get someone reliable to do it properly this time.

I've also some larger Plastering/building work to get done on the house including dry-lining and insulating an exterior wall and replacing a tongue-in-groove pine kitchen ceiling with a plaster ceiling and insulating above this.

I would really appreciate any recommendations for decent Plasterers in the Bangor/North Down area or trustworthy builders who can turn their hand to this.

I’m getting desperate so any and all suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not of any help to you but I could not even find a plasterer interested in doing a small job :rolleyes:
  • Artofdookie
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I could not even find a plasterer interested in doing a small job :rolleyes:
    Not even on the day they sign on?
    Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex, I Can See Through Your Skirt I've Got X-Ray Spex
  • happymummy24-7
    Options
    hi there,
    i can recommend a great plasterer to you-i just had an extension done and he did the whole job for me to perfection!
    he is very popular as he is so good so i cant say wether he will be on a long job or not at the moment but if you'd like his details just pm me-he is based in donaghadee but travels all around.
    all the best,laura.
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• Andrew_Sam
    Options
    HM
    PM sent for details.
    Rgds
    A
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've one coming to my house this week and he's very good (has done numerous jobs for me) but I'll ask him first if he doesn't mind me pm'ing you his number, if you still need it
  • chunter
    chunter Posts: 2,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're not doing a big pile at the minute so take the time to pick out a few and price around - along with getting recommendations.

The Harry Enfield character is gone again for another 15 years...
  • SammyLee
    Options
    happymummy24-7 and Milko can you please PM me details of your Plasterer too?

Cheers
  • Francophile
    Options
    I had a new kitchen installed last year and the kitchen had to be replastered before the new one went in. The kitchen supplier brought the plasterer he uses .... a lady and not a particularly young lady at that. I couldn't believe it but she did a marvellous job. She's based between Comber and Dundonald. PM me if you want the number.
    Member #7 SKI-ers Club
    Norn Ireland Club Member 215
  • sparky40
    Options
    I have just had my whole house stripped back to brick and replastered by an amazing plasterer who came highly recommended by friends. He is busy (ish) so you may not get straigt away and found a little dearer than most but his workmanship and finish far outweigh anyone cheaper. We got stung pretty badly last xmas by a plasterer.

I have PM'd you details and if anyone else want them please let me know as I cannot recommend him enough.
    :j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j
  • Andrew_Sam
    Options
    Many thanks all for the receommendations much appreciated - I'm spolied for choice :-)

Francophile, happymummy24-7 and Milko if you don't mind emailing me your suggestions too I'll then get the folks out for a chat and a few quotes.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport