We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best place to buy a Personal CD Player?!

I'm looking to purchase a cd walkman thing as mine recently broke, and although I love having my mp3 player, would like to have the cd player when its not possible. Have had a look on ebay and seen some quite good deals, but wondering if anyone else has any ideas?!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • carl_east
    carl_east Posts: 476 Forumite
    eggey wrote:
    I'm looking to purchase a cd walkman thing as mine recently broke, and although I love having my mp3 player, would like to have the cd player when its not possible. Have had a look on ebay and seen some quite good deals, but wondering if anyone else has any ideas?!

    Thanks in advance.

    Not sure what you mean by wanting to have your cd player when it's not possible?

    What can the cd player do that your mp3 can't? I would expect nothing unless you have a low capacity mp3 player that can't hold all the albums that you want. If you must have a personal cd player then I'd recommend just getting one off ebay.

    Carl
  • B33fy
    B33fy Posts: 173 Forumite
    Philips portable CD player £9.99 click here
  • barginunter
    barginunter Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    Lidl and Aldi periodically sell MP3 CD Players for about £14. You can fit about 100 tracks on one CD. I bought one before MP3 players were common and it's very good - also supplied with an in-car charger and 3 year guarantee.
  • quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    I recently got a stonking bargain from Argos. Its a panasonic CdD player that plays MP3 CD's. Reduced from £100+ to 19.99. Great sound, rechargeable, etc. Argos keeps selling these things off cheap as they're becoming unpopular, with MP3 players around. (Actually i agree with this - why buy a CD player if you can get it all on an MP3 player?).

    So keep your eyes peeled at Argos - you might pick up a bargain.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • HankMcSpank
    HankMcSpank Posts: 951 Forumite
    Wherever you do go looking, the personal CD players will be right next to the Betamax video recorders & 8 track car cassetes.

    Good luck!
  • bedshaped
    bedshaped Posts: 949 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Boots have had a lot of reductions on electricals recently. It may be worth a look - usually in larger stores
  • eggey
    eggey Posts: 155 Forumite
    100 Posts
    My MP3 Player is very decent. 20GB Creative Zen, I can get all the albums I own on there probably, but its more the fact that I want a personal CD Player because sometimes, I prefer to listen to a CD. It feels like I'm actually giving the band a bit more chance then just mixing them up with plenty of other songs and stuff. Plus if I buy a CD, and i havent got the time to add it to my mp3 player, then I wanna be able to listen to it straight away!!
  • eggey
    eggey Posts: 155 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Also, I would liked to have thanked some of the people here for there suggestions, i.e. B33fy, bedshaped and barginunter but unfortunately the thanks button is missing, but thank you for your help.
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    You might be able to get a bargain secondhand. You see a lot of personal CD players going for a song at car boot sales because of people upgrading to MP3. Nothing loses its value as fast as old technology.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.