We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
I wanna......pointe ballet shoes :-)
oops_a_daisy
Posts: 2,460 Forumite
Hi there - was wondering if anybody could give advice on getting pointe ballet shoes. My daughter has been told that she can now go onto them but I am told they cost £80 upwards :eek: Thanks
:cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
0
Comments
-
Hii, have used the following online dance suppliers before for my daughters first balllet stuff , they were excellant, very prompt delivery and good prices. Certainly do pointe ballet shoes at much less then £80 - not sure if there the type you require - I'm affraid I dont know much about ballet (or any other form of dancing!)
http://www.dancedirectworld.com/uk/
I don't have any affiliation with this site, though should be on commision the number of times I've recommended them - just was very happy with there service.:D0 -
my little darling has just informed me that they can not purchase off the internet as they have to be measured for pointe shoes - hmmmm think this needs a bit more investigation. Thanks for that site, I have saved it to favorites.:cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:0
-
My daughters had to go all the way to London for their fitting.Middlers0
-
yes we were also told London was the best place but there is no chance of that. I am going to speak to her teacher and see if she will measure her up so that I can shop around - but I also need to be careful as this is her feet, and I dont want to cause permanent damage by going down a money saving route :eek::cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:0
-
how annoying that they have to be specially fitted. Irish dancing hard shoes much easier. EBAY! saved me a fortune0
-
When my dd went on to pointe the teacher loaded up her large car and took the girls to the local dance shop (I am sure she as on a cut) they were all measured for the shoes, two types depending on shape of foot at either £25 or £40. This was about 4 yrs ago, she still has her first pair and they were the £25 pair. They don`t use them every week and her feet have stopped growing, phew. We live in Coventry and all our local shops stock the shoes and give advise. I would go back to her teacher and see where she would go.0
-
I was measured in an expensive shop in St Martins Lane (oppoesite the St Matrin's Lane hotel) - I got my measurements 2D (short fat feet) and went to a shop in Leciester and bought my shoes there for £35 my feet had stopped growing (I was about 16) so I never had to go back to the expensive shop and just kept re-buying - this was before ebay but i reckon you could get them on there once you know the size and the best make for your foot.Murphy's No More Pies Member No. 28 on hold0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards