PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What to make for my Tea

Options
2»

Comments

• mummyjane
    mummyjane Posts: 391 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 February 2011 at 11:38AM
    Options
    When I cook mince, I use either half quorn/meat free and half normal mince or I add a few handfulls of lentils (cooked). This really bulks the meat out and lentils are such a cheap and healthy way of doing it. Dh never notices when I substitute half the mince for quorn, even though he is adamant that he hates the stuff :rotfl:

Lapis Lazuli - you could mix leftover corned beef (cooked) with mashed potato, add a bit of onion and a dash of worcester sauce and use it as a filling for a meat pie - really yummy. Or you could just make patties with the mixture too.
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • lapis_lazuli
    lapis_lazuli Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 February 2011 at 11:03AM
    Options
    mummyjane wrote: »
    Lapis Lazuli - you could mix leftover corned beef (cooked) with mashed potato, add a bit of onion and a dash of worcester sauce and use it as a filling for a meat pie - really yummy. Or you could just make patties with the mixture too.

Thanks, that sounds yummy. :) Does anyone else have some ideas or should I just treat it like ordinary beef but go easy on adding salt in my recipes?
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    Spicy Sausage Pasta.

Just add onion, garlic and chilli flakes to a tomato base, add sausages and serve with pasta!

Quick and Easy... and really yummy! My OH likes is spicy and add tobasco x
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • lapis_lazuli
    lapis_lazuli Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took the plunge and minced a kilo of raw corned beef silverside today. Don't try it if you're expecting nice strands which stay separate. I got the strands but they quickly formed themselves into a gloop once they landed in the bowl, and had to be broken up as they browned in the frying pan. Made a wonderful base for a stew though! :) Will try the cooked recommendation sometime soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure