'Seeing myself on Millionaire – even watching was nerve-wracking' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yes you do sound like that, yes you do talk very quickly.:D

For anyone (like Martin) who missed the start of the show...............or the whole show.........it's repeated at 12 noon on Saturday 19th September on ITV1.;)

As I've said before, Martin and Angela make a brilliant team. Well done for raising £150,000 for the two charities.:T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Well done to you both, impressive stuff!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,934 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I've been in the audience a couple of times. You just hear a whisper from someone that the answer is definitely B and everyone in a six seat radius presses B.

Although it is no doubt intense for the participants, there is a lot of re-recording and gaps, so the audience tends to chatter. So much so that they sometimes miss the question alltogether; if their neighbours also miss the question, people press random answers!

DON'T RELY ON THE AUDIENCE!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • I am a citizens advice volunteer advisor. It was great to see you support us. Each bureau raises funds locally and we depend on donations for the work we do. For help and advice on a range of issues see web site adviceguide.org.uk
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done Martin and Angela.:T:beer:

Wondering what is the "thing" behind your ear for Martin? Is it for directions from the producers?:confused:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 19 September 2009 at 10:28PM
    Dident realise that the money was going to CAB.
    Well done Martin & Angela :)
    Will watch the repeat on i player if I can.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Will watch the repeat on i player if I can.
    It isn't a bbc show - you can try itv catchup though
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on doing so well. I just watched it and it made me chuckle when Angela realised that her Doctor friend was Australian. Hope he didn't burn his soup! ;-)

I wonder if they'd ever do a Celebrity The Cube with Philip Schofield. Wouldn't that be something.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • I regularly visit this website, but have only registered today. Always listen or watch you when on TV or radio. It was great to see you do so well on 'Millionaire' and although I was shouting the answer 'crocodile' to you, you did the right thing by taking the money for the benefit of others. You are an inspiration and a good friend!:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    What a lovely first post LizzyC :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure