What you see with both eyes together 6/9

Near Visual Acuity 6/9.5 - Same with the other 2

Vision With Eye Prescription:
    Sphere: Right Eye Left eye & Binocular 6/9.5
    Cyl: Right Eye -3.25 Left Eye -3.00
    Axis: Right Eye 5 Left Eye 2
    Distance Visual Acuity: 6/5 for both
    Near Visual Acuity: N5 for both

They contacted me yesterday over the phone to offer me more discount. They have now asked for £3695. I am still going to my optimax appointment tomorrow as it seem i still have some work to do getting the price down!

I have tried lenses but with my astigmatism they keep going blurry and take at least 20 mins to ajust to the correct position in the morning and i cant be dealing with that. That is with the monthly lenses that you sleep in. I cannot be dealing with the dailys lol.

I am 28 so I would hope that it would last me at least 20 years!
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if you are waiting for thm to find their position then yes, they are torics. They tend to be thicker and as you say, have to be oriented.

I too have astigmatism but i dont wear torics. I dont need them. Many people dont. I wear simple daily sphericals,,very easy,very simple,works very well,no blurring,no nothing.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Chrisb1990
    Chrisb1990 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Yeah they wanted to put me on daily s but I just cant be doing with putting them in and taking them out every single day. This is why i think laser is the best option for me.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisb1990 wrote: »
    I am 28 so I would hope that it would last me at least 20 years!

@ £200/year that is quite good value, you probably spend more than that on takeaway food/coffee :)

Just keep in mind that with laser adjustment the natural ageing of your eyes will continue and there is no chance of a second treatment other than lens replacement, have you asked if you are a suitable candidate for that? It costs more but lasts a lot longer.
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    edited 21 June 2018 at 7:53PM
    Options
    I'm too young for lens replacement apparently. You can undergo Lasik only once but you can have Lasek again if anything needs correcting. I went to optimax today and the service I received was second to none. Not only do they provide lifetime care (optical express is 12 months) but they are closer to me, the price was considerably lower and i just got an all round better feel. However i do this i can get them lower on price.

So it continues...
  • sezmccann
    Options
    Hi,
    I had my first consultation with OE on Saturday. I'm 26 and worn glasses since age 13 with a prescription of -3.5 and -2.75 (no astigmatism). They initially quoted £3790 and £3411 with my 10% NHS discount (£500 deposit then 10 months interest free). I called them today and said I'd leave it since I'm getting married in September and obviously that itself is extremely costly. Head office then contacted me and said they'd give me a further discount and extended interest free period. The new offer is £3183 (£400 deposit and 24 months interest free). I'm just wondering what people think of this? The only other place nearby is optimax which have a fixed cost £3390 for both eyes.

Cheers
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    I got mine from £5200 to £3690. Optimax the most I could get off was £200. The idesign from optical express is better then what optimax offer. I booked in with Optical express
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sezmccann wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had my first consultation with OE on Saturday. I'm 26 and worn glasses since age 13 with a prescription of -3.5 and -2.75 (no astigmatism). They initially quoted £3790 and £3411 with my 10% NHS discount (£500 deposit then 10 months interest free). I called them today and said I'd leave it since I'm getting married in September and obviously that itself is extremely costly. Head office then contacted me and said they'd give me a further discount and extended interest free period. The new offer is £3183 (£400 deposit and 24 months interest free). I'm just wondering what people think of this? The only other place nearby is optimax which have a fixed cost £3390 for both eyes.

Cheers

Eye surgery is a very serious matter,it can be life changing both positively and negatively. It should not be something that is sold as if its a clearance sale.

I would only trust my eyes to an NHS facility such as Moorfields, Manchester royal eye hospital or similar,, or maybe optegra where lots of NHS consultants also work.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Chrisb1990
    First Post
    Options
    Optical Express will drop the price a couple of times and after a week or so you will get an email or a call from optimax with a better price as-well. Its all a game. You just got to play it to get the best price. However optical express are slightly ahead of the game in terms or technology so I went with them. I done a lot of reading up on the Visx laser they use etc. It is much more likely to give a better outcome so I thought it was worth the extra I paid.

Have a read up on trust pilot for independent reviews.
  • mad_despot
    mad_despot Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2018 at 1:20PM
    Options
    I had laser eye surgery on one eye quite some years at now, at Optimax. I'm afraid I strongly recommend people not to undergo this treatment.

While not terrible during the day, I have slight double vision all the time in the treated eye. However, in lower light conditions, by which I mean anywhere indoors, including in the office, at home etc, as well as outside at night, the vision in the treated eye is appalling - very hazy indeed, as well as significant 'halos' around light sources. The pupil expands beyond the treated area, this is what causes most of the side effects. I certainly would not be able to drive at night if I had had both eyes treated. As it is, I wear a contact lens in my untreated eye, so I'm not much better off than before.

Realise that those offering laser treatment are making money out of it, so you can never rely on what they tell you about the proportion of people who experience issues, or the extent of those issues. There are other treatments, such as permanent contact lenses, which may be a better option, although I don't know enough to comment on these.

My advice is, don't have this surgery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport