Agency owes me money

Options
Hey,

Looking for some advice, i did some agency work about a month ago. Now basically they have not paid me for 4 weeks+(pay is weekly), and apparently knowbody else who was on the job, its about £150, and they keep telling me the company we were working for is in administration and there tryin realy hard to get the money off them etc etc.

Just wondering where i stand on this and how far to push them on this, i was told by someone ultimately it comes down to the agency that owes me the money and not the company in administration, is this an accurate statement or not?

many thanks

Comments

• jazzyman01
    Options
    Your contract is with the agency. They have to pay you and then go after the Company.

Write stating that if you do not get your payment within x days you will file an ET claim for unfair deduction of wages (after all no wages is the ultimate deduction!)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, you were employed by the agency. Agencies pay temps on a regular basis, even though they have to wait 30-60 days ore more before they are paid for the time you worked.

It is unfortunate that their client has gone into administration, but this doesn't change the fact that your employer is the agency.

However, just because it is the agency's responsibility does not automatically mean they have the money today. Maybe they have money coming in they can pay you with, maybe they don't. You won't know. Maybe this was their largest client and they are owed thousands and it will force the agency to go into administration.
  • bigifsh
    Options
    well they do keep saying how there trying to work it out with there accountants to get everyone paid etc its been a month so just wondering how far to push them till i start making threats of legal action them.
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    I would have replied the day after they failed to pay me. You have to be forcefull in these situations. If your not they will take advantage. After all you have already worked for this money so it is rightfully yours. Don't take NO for an answer. Put it in writing and tell them that because of this you are now facing financial hardship and are accumilating futher debts by way of penalty charges and if this goes to court you will also be asking for them to be made laibel for these payments too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport