🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lengthy Interview Process - Need good luck wishes

Options
Hi All,

I had a telephone screening interview today for a job that I would really love. I was told on the phone that I passed and now to the next stage.....

First, a presentation on a case study that I will have 30 mins to prepare for. No idea what it will be about until I get there! Then Q&A on my presentation. After that on the same day I will have an interview lasting approximately 1 hour.

If I'm successful up to this point I will then need to take a psychometric test. As long as they like the look of the results from that I then have to have further interviews with key people in the company!

It does seem daunting but not enough to put me off obviously! I am slightly worried about repeating myself too much given the number of interviews - also I have never done a psychometric test before - is there anyway to prepare for this?

Thanks

PP

Comments

• jazzyman01
    Options
    You can look at psychometric tests online - depends on which one they use.

Do not be put off by this - it is usually checks what makes you tick and the type of personality that you are. It is only used as part of the selection process.

Just answer the questions honestly (as there is a way to check when you havent!) after all, do you really want to work somewhere if your personality is out of kilter with the organisational culture? Over time you would come to really dislike it.
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    jazzyman01 wrote: »
    You can look at psychometric tests online - depends on which one they use.

Do not be put off by this - it is usually checks what makes you tick and the type of personality that you are. It is only used as part of the selection process.

Just answer the questions honestly (as there is a way to check when you havent!) after all, do you really want to work somewhere if your personality is out of kilter with the organisational culture? Over time you would come to really dislike it.

Good point - thanks for that. I think I'll just research what they are/used for
  • TEDDYRUKSPIN
    Options
    Good point - thanks for that. I think I'll just research what they are/used for

Rule of thumb is practice makes perfect. Sounds stupid but just google it. Practice and practice.

These tests are pointed towards the position you have applied for and the match to the employer.
    Motto: 'If you don't ask, you don't get!!'

Remember to say thank you to people who help you out!

Also, thank you to people who help me out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport