finding a job

Options
Hello

My name Corri and I live in Isleworth in west london near hounslow and I'm jobseeking. Im looking for a job close to my house around 4-5 miles away. i have read the rules about the the hours aloud to work and what jobs I'm aloud to do. I'm aloud to work 7am - 7pm for 2 hours on monday - friday and on a saturday im aloud to work for eight hours 7am - 7pm and on a sunday im aloud to work 2 hours between 7am - 7pm. In the school holidays I can work up to eight hours a day, but no more than 35 hours in a week and for two weeks in the school holiday, I cannot work at all. I'm aloud to these jobs work in a Shops, restaurants, supermarkets and hotels, paper round, leaflet delivery, pet sitting, dog walking, gardening, cleaning, car washing or baby-sitting. so there for I was woundering if any body has any of these jobs. that meet the law a criteria

kind regards
Corri

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You haven't said what your age is but i guess your at school
  • corrit3
    Options
    oh sorry im 14
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    See if anyone wants they're cars washed, how about a paper round
  • kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ask around the local shops that your family uses. Very often smaller businesses may have an opening for a few hours.

Just let them know how many hours you're allowed to work and when you're available. Don't go with your mates, try to look quite smart and be really upbeat and willing to help. That makes a huge difference.An

Another option would be to help in a charity shop for a few hours a week to get some experience. You then have this to tell employers about maybe next year.
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • corsagirl_2
    Options
    When I was 15 I started in a national shoe shop for 4 hours on a Saturday and whatever hours could in school holidays. Its worth dropping letters in any of your local shops asking if any hours available- thats what I did. Many of my friends worked in town as well and I can't think much has changed in all these years for people needing Saturday staff. Those were the days...£1.25 an hour, £5.00 a day. Still the 20% discount on shoes was a bonus!
    2008 wins. DVD player together with Now quiz/Now 2008 DVDs,£25.00 Real People, pair of tickets for London Eye.
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Options
    What about things like leaflet distribution? It's quite hard work as you will have quite a large territory and lots of walking.

Estate agents and local companies may be looking for distributors?
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • Carlos_Miranda
    Options
    What is your visa status? Is that because of visa you are worried about the kind of job you can do?
    Anyways for working in nearby cafe or shops will not need too much to think about. You might even distribute pamplets but that is more hectic job than working in shops as sales person.
  • needaspirin
    Options
    Hi Corri,

It’s good to see you're an enterprising young person trying to better yourself.

I notice that some of the work you are looking for involves going to people’s homes. Make sure that your parents check out anyone who offers you any of this kind of work especially if the contact is via the internet.

Good luck in your jobseeking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport