EQUIGAS (think that's spelt right!)

Options
melbury
melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
I have just done yet another comparison and Equigas have come out as best this time. In the blurb it says that this is a small utility company (non-profit making!!) and therefore their service cannot be commented on. Is this true? Has anyone actually switched to them? I am getting so confused, the goal posts seem to move daily. Npower has dropped right out of the equation whereas two weeks ago I would have saved a fortune changing over to them.

Looking at the electricity separately, British Gas Click On Line comes out top -does anyone have experience of this and the service they offer?
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

Comments

• mad
    mad Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Melbury

Equigas is name of gas tarrif for EBICo ltd. They are not for profit

http://www.ebico.co.uk/

Not sure why their service cannot be commented on
  • joshm_2
    joshm_2 Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    melbury, I have just made the switch to Equigas (directly) and to Click Online (via Energyhelpine). So it's eithr a case of great minds or fools - take your pick :) .

From what I understand (and by all means correct me, other MSE-ers) EBICo use Southern (& others) as agents so I think your business is handled via these agents. And looking at what other people have said about EBICo I reckon it's worth a punt. I got my email confirmation through from them pretty sharpish (lovingly hand typed, I'm guessing, since there was a spelling mistake in the subject line!).

As for BG Click online, if you look at their web site you can see that they are even advertising some sort of lowest-price challenge. Again, son't know about service but then I'm not expecting much to go wrong (touch wood!)
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    My move to EBICO has gone smoothly. Two cards saying "we have started the process", two letters giving start date (today) and direct debit payments.
    Didn't know they could transfer direct debits like that, obviously details were supplied by my ex provider Powergen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure