Debate House Prices

Since the Forum relaunch, in order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Halifax: House prices up again in August (+0.8%)

1141516171820»

Comments

• chucky wrote: »
    but this window shopping does have a direct correlation to property sales transactions and by default house prices - when and if this window shopping slows down then we can expect a slow down in property prices again...

Yes Yes, but its hardly rocket science to know that most people only enquire about mortgage products if they are in the window to buy.

There's nothing to say it could get out of sinc as well with more enquiries being turned down.

Who knows.
    :wall:
    What we've got here is....... failure to communicate.
    Some men you just can't reach.
    :wall:
  • Graham_Devon
    Graham_Devon Posts: 58,560
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mewbie wrote: »
    Super stuff Graham.

It seems to have worked!
  • I dropped my price to get interest in the property. I thought I was being realistic - not aiming high ( certainly not too high ) and not wanting to sell for a song!

I'm still on the market and in an area that's very much in demand - Chiltern hills, good commute to London etc, great schools, open space, ex local authority ( ie large 3 bed)

My experience is that people where still buying over and above what was sensible ( various neighbours bought) at the height of the market with no inclination as to what was to come. I think they'd still be buying if they could get the credit, regardless of price.
  • + Nationwide prices rose 1.6% in August. Though Halifax figures were discussed, where was the debate that it was backed up by NW?? I may have missed it but I'd hazzared a guess that, like myself, people just can't be bothered with all this contradicting data!

It makes me dizzy and as I'm in the market I have to say I'm fed up with the Bulls and the Bears and the ups and downs and maybes and maybe nots, and will it or wont it.

I read the other day Pres. Lindon once said something to the effect of " it's like !!!!ing down your own leg - its warm to you, but no-one else"!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure