🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How much can AAT qualified jobs go for?

Options
Im only just starting a course studying AAT. i want to get a better paid job in the future. how much can an AAT qualified person earn? thanks hope its not a stupid question :o

Comments

• GotToChange
    Options
    So many variables - do you mean "fully" qualified - to Technician Level? Or getting a job that refelects the level of training you are at? Are you "Fast-Track" or planning to take 3 years? The range and scope is broad and of course affected by your location/the economy/timing and how much employers are (willing) to pay. I don't think that there is a clear answer, but am sure that someone better than I will give you a more thorough indication.

Not much help am I.
    icon7.gif
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you anyway that was what i was worried about that it would seem like a stupid question as there are no real answers. :) Im in london and i meant when i would be classed as a AAT technican. :)
  • Rockporkchop
    Options
    Have you got any accounts experience? It might be difficult to get a job as a qualified accounting technician without any. Your best bet would be to try to get any sort of job in accounts now, as an accounts assistant or something, and study at the same time - if you're not already doing that. My firm is in London and have taken on an AAT qualified person for 25k and she had 3 years experience of accounts in a solicitor's office.
  • Littlegreelady
    Options
    GotToChange is right, it depends on a number of different variables. Will you be working whilst studying, i.e night school or day release? Or are you planning on studying yourself and then getting a job? I know people who were studying the AAT whilst working and their employers offered them payrises on completing the technician level.

I would have a look on the job pages in your area and look at the accountancy jobs, the descriptions and whether they want AAT qualifications. That will give you a better idea.

Hays.com does have salary guidelines but should be taken as a guideline only.
    [STRIKE]Halifax =£35
    American Express=£70
    [/STRIKE]
    HSBC=£15,000 - now £12,000
    Cahoot=£6500 - now £5200
    Mint = £4950 - now £4099
    DFD December 2012
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I am already working as a Finance Assistant on 21k. Im doing an evening course to run along with my job. I probably will go onto ACCA but right now i just aim to do level 2,3 and 4 to get to become a technican. Was hoping that would bump my wages up quite abit before i attempt to do try and to the ACCA.
  • Mudd14
    Mudd14 Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    Depends where int he country you are like the rest of the job market salaries.

In my area you could expect 26k +
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family