Voluntary Termination of HP

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Markymark1_2
    Options
    Hi all

we are in the middle of handing back our car using VT process.
    On the paperwork we got from RCI which is the finance company it states that they require the service history.
    We have somehow managed to loose this, I suspect that the last time we got the car serviced they simply forgot to give us back the service book I have checked with them and they say they can not find it, but they did give me a print out of the last service and i am in the middle of contacting the company we used before them to also get a print out of our services.
    We have already purchased our new car and now I am wondering if RCI can refuse to let me hand the car back because of the lack of the service book.

Thanks
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They cannot refuse to take it back but can make a charge for anything breaching the T&Cs. If you cannot prove it has been serviced .........
  • Markymark1_2
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    They cannot refuse to take it back but can make a charge for anything breaching the T&Cs. If you cannot prove it has been serviced .........

Thank for that.
    Well the car it's self is in good condition always been serviced when the service light came on ect and is in perfect working order. So i guess it's in the lap of the gods.
    thanks for the reply :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family