Dune shoes - faulty?

Options
Hello
I recently bought some shoes from Dune which were expensive (for me) but exactly what I was looking for. They have some big beads sewed on to the front and I though "at that price at least the beads won't drop off"!
I've only worn them once, and got them out this morning to pack for a weekend away and realised one of the big beads has come off!! I did try to look for it in case it was lying about somewhere but no luck (so I could just sew it back on).
As they were expensive and I've only worn them once, surely they're not fit for purpose? Would I be entitled to a refund or exchange?
Won't be going back to where I bought them but there is a Dune concession in the Debenhams in the city I'm going away to for the weekend - if I take them back there could they refund / exchange?
As mentioned, I have worn them once, so there is some wear underneath as I wore them outside - could this cause problems? If I could find the missing bead I'd be happy to just sew this back, but want to know whether going to Debenhams is worth a try.

Comments

• liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    Options
    If you still have the receipt they may give you an exchange, but that would probably depend on how long you have had them for and would be down to the stores discretion.

They are still fit for purpose, just because a decorative bead has fallen off, does not make the shoes unfit for purpose.
  • kerrydrobertson
    Options
    id give it a try. i had bought a pair of £90 boots from Dune last year and within a week the heel tip had come off both boots and had to pay to get it fixed myself after dune refused to do anything because they had 'clearly been worn a few times'. went in the bin after the second time they came off after a month.
  • pokerface123
    Options
    I still have the receipt and bought the shoes last Friday. I love them it's just that at the price I've paid I don't think beads should be falling off.
  • mad_bad_spender
    Options
    if you only bought them last week then i would say take them back.. although they are still fit to be worn if paying that amount of money i would expect the beads to stay on alot longer than that..
    "The darkness has no answers"
  • No_Future
    Options
    Take them back ASAP!!! They sound faulty and you should be entitled to a full refund.
  • pokerface123
    Options
    Debenhams couldn't help as I didn't buy them at a Debenhams Dune concession :-(
    I've just spoken to Dune Customer Services and they want me to post them to their head office so they can examine them.
    Fingers crossed I'll get a refund or exchange.
  • nelliebag
    Options
    Hi there - were they the flat sandals with ankle strap and bronze beads cost £60. I had to take mine back after a few outings and had some trouble getting money back too. Persevered though and got it at the end of the day. Shame as I loved the sandals.
  • pokerface123
    Options
    No they were ballerina pumps which cost £65. I'm kicking myself for spending so much on a pair of shoes! They were exactly what I was looking for to go with an outfit for a special occasion, and I honestly though the beads wouldn't drop off as they were so expensive!!
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A couple of years ago I had to return a pair of boots to Dune that I'd bought in the sale - the leather upper was coming away from the sole. Even though I'd worn them quite a few times & hadn't got the receipt they were still happy to refund as faulty (just at the last selling price). If they've been worn once & the decoration is coming off I think you should be able to get a full refund, though I'd prefer to go into the shop rather than send through the post!
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure