Help tsb probs for a change!!!!!

Options
HI all I really need some advice please.
I am in alot of debt my husband is self employed and I am a student. We have 3 children although one has grown up and moved. We are currently on a DMP with the cccs and generally all the creditors have been great except for TSB. They initially stopped the charges and interest, but all of a sudden they have started re applying the interest.
I wrote to the tsb and asked for them to stop applying the interest as it is more than the amount we are paying, but they said they could only do this if it went to the credit recovery dept. So I phoned up and asked them to send it to this dept. They said that they cannot do this as I am paying them every month.
To cut a long story short I have told the TSB that I will not pay them any more until my account gets passed to the collections dept.
My problem now though is that I am worried about them getting horrid to us again.
What do you think about this? What do I do next? Any advice would be great. :D

Comments

• GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    If they start calling you, there are letters you can send to stop the calls (if you haven't already sent these).

To be hones, if this was the only way to get them to do something, then i probably would do this too - the only problem may be that you aren't making any payments at all which would look bad if this went to court so i would just pay a £1 token payment.

Not too sure about what to do next other than to possibly notify CCCS. If you have any charges that you can reclaim back or PPI that's possibly been missold, then i would start claiming these. If you don't have all your statements then you could send a SAR to get the data - this will also let you see if the agreement is enforcable on the accounts (if they fall under the Consumer Credit Act).
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't got any DMP experience myself but my immediate thought was, why didn't you immediately refer them to CCCS? Isn't the whole purpose of you going through them so they act as your "agent"?

As I say, I don't have any experience but I thought that's how it worked.

Hope someone with more experience can help you.

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • gettingsorted
    Options
    Hi thanks for that I did consider paying a token payment as you rightly say it does look better. I am going to speak to cccs today so hopefully they will be able to make some suggestions too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure