Free Software for animated GIF's

Options
Hi All

I am looking for some free software to create high quality Animated Web Banners. I have tried GIMP and find the annimation a bit clumsy.

I have also tried Photoshop CS4 Extended free trial and really liked it but can not yet afford the full product.

Does anyone know of any good Open Source packages for this?

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• johnmc
    johnmc Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    Options
    www.pc-utilities.co.uk (redirects to Magnesium Media). It's the online repository for the magazine.

There's 23 progams listed, take a look. You need to register (free). I;ve been with them since the magazine came out. You get an occasional email from them but no hastle.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Benjo wrote: »
    A web designer or should that be spammer who can't afford the necessary tools to do the job

Need an affordable Website?

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Benjo_2
    Benjo_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry? I think that is a little uncalled for espresso, I am just starting out on my own and need to save money where i can. Is that not what we are all here for? You rudeness is out of order!
  • espresso
    Options
    You rudeness is out of order!

You are the one who has chosen to ignore the site rules and advertise!

Who is going to give work to someone who has not got the necessary tools to do the job properly and can't read!

:rotfl:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You rudeness is out of order!

Assuming you haven't got permission, your signature is out of order. As it currently stands, it violates clearly stated MSE forum rules.
  • Benjo_2
    Options
    Oh and Animated GIF Software is not a necessary tool. Its a nice to have. If I can keep my outgoings down then I can keep my Prices down.
  • espresso
    Options
    Oh and Animated GIF Software is not a necessary tool. Its a nice to have. If I can keep my outgoings down then I can keep my Prices down.

So why havn't you removed the [STRIKE]spam[/STRIKE] advertising link?
  • Benjo_2
    Options
    Ok, Link removed but maybe a polite manner would not have caused such a problem. Have you not heard of manners?

An oversite by me does not give you te right to be rude.
  • Benjo_2
    Options
    Now is anyone else able to help on my attempt to save money which is the purpose of the site?
  • Benjo_2
    Options
    what is your problem espresso? I wasn't aware of the rules and ammended it when they were pointed out. I am not a spammer just someone trying to earn money and save money which I believed was the purpose of this site.

Do you get off on bullying people? if you dont want to help then dont post!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure