Am so pleased with my bargain haircut

Options
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with fellow MSE chums about my fab hair cut.

I went to a 'model evening' at a well known celebrity hair salon in London in Mayfair.

It was £10 for the best wash, cut and blowdryI have ever had. Really, I was so impressed, I gave her a £5 tip and I was going to give £10 (but needed to get tube home!!)

Anyway, it was with someone who was just about to graduate/who has just qualified, can't remember, but I got more attention than all the other clients put together!!

Two senior stylists came over and talked through the choice of cut and checked everything - it was fab.

For my £10, I got a head massage, a cappuccino with a donut, loads of magazine, and a superb cut, the scissors they used was great, left the ends very blunt.

If you live in London, or fancy going into the capital - PM me and I will give you salon name and stylist, better not post on here because of advertising etc.

fg

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    I used to go to Schumi in Pont Street as a model back in the day. All of the stylists there were all qualified hairdressers but were taking the "Schumi Training" and I was always pleased with the results. I can't remember what it cost now as it was so long ago but it was very, very cheap. I know a lot of other salons do the same thing: Vidal Sassoon and Mahogany, for instance.

The last time I had my hair trimmed I popped into Supercuts and was quite happy with it but my hair is naturally thick and curly which I wear long so I reckon even a bad cut wouldn't be that noticeable as long as the ends were the same length, iyswim. I think that cost me about £15
  • financegirl
    Options
    I just couldn't believe how cheap it was - normally pay £40 and one other thing, don't you think because they are younger and more keener, they check and check and check.

I find with some of the other senior stylists, they are a bit complacent and can't be bothered, looking around, that type of thing...........
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Options
    I get my hair cut at a similar kind of training centre as Bitterandtwisted did. Cost - an astonishing €3, and I've never once been disappointed with the result.
  • red
    red Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    Just PM'd you...I have had a long-run of bad cuts and spent a fortune for them...so frankly this at least will save a bit and can't be any worse than the others!!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure