PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Three meals One day

Options
2»

Comments

• sophistica
    sophistica Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday I got involved in a gory activity...I jointed a large kitchen from scratch (I needed to down a large port to do it). It costs £3.30. I ended up
    Chicken Paella (2 portions with some cheap prawns, chorizo etc from Lidl)
    Chicken Pad thai (2 protions with peanuts and rice noodles etc)
    Chicken noodle soup - (4 portions with peas, mushrroms and noodles)
    Chicken Jalfrezi with a jar of sauce.
    I wouldn't be incliend to batch cook mince into different meals as it all tastes the same in my opinion. I make lasagne, italian meatballs and American meat loaf with mince. Just bought a breadmaker for £15 from Superdrug which may help with budgetting and batch cooking. Sorry to offend you about the cooking issue - didn't read properly I thought that you were one of those usless men - gosh, I guess I have offended a load more people now!
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You jointed a large KITCHEN from scratch. Wow that must have taken some doing. Seriously macaroni cheese is simple to make and very nice. You just boil up macaroni for 20 mins and add your home made cheese sauce.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Something we used to do with leftover bolognaise sauce when I was a student was make a pizza with it - instead of, or on top of the tomato layer.

Well - students will eat anything....

Also - if you have a sandwich toaster, we used to have cheese and bolognaise toasties (or cheese and chilli for that matter) if you want something very quick and very easy. I still have them now occasionally if I have leftover leftovers (as in we have the leftovers the following night and the stuff left over from that)
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Love the idea of leftover leftovers! Never had a name for them here!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote:

Loving the sound of Nutty's HM Burgers.Do you freeze these?How long would they keep in a fridge?

Don't see why they wouldn't freeze - never tried this myself but so long as it's fresh mince you are using. (I usually buy mine and freeze it then defrost and cook)

Again , if you are using fresh mince I would imagine that it would be ok kept in the fridge for a few days (as per date on the packet)
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also saw a nice recipie in a magazine - can't remember which? :confused: May of been BBC Easy Cook?

It involves cooking Jacket spuds - cutting in half and removing the cooked potato, filling this with like a sheperds/cottage pie mixture, adding the potato on top (mashed with a little butter and milk) and finally topping with cheese.

Looks quite nice - plus you can do a variation with a pepper - par cook a pepper (split one in half and cook in the oven) and boil some potatoes (Mash as per above) add the mince mixture and top with potato and cheese put back in the oven :drool: tastes scrummy!!
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ' Sorry to offend you about the cooking issue - didn't read properly I thought that you were one of those usless men - gosh, I guess I have offended a load more people now!'

Ahhhhhhhhh please, I'm not offended at all. However I am still useless, but in a womanly kinda way!

But thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I'll let ya'll know how I get on
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family