2 free months without council tax and an IPA

Options
Hi

I was just wondering what happens when you get your two free months with the council tax, do you pay more towards an IPA for those two months ? or is it just forgotten about ?

Same as the water rates as these are over 8 months on my case.

Thanks
Bankrupt 07/10/2009

Early Discharge 20/05/2010

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Strictly speaking, when you did your SoA you should have divided the annual bills by 12 and put those figures on your forms, don't worry too much if you didn't though, the OR isn't going to take the extra payments from you, enjoy.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • crowman19
    crowman19 Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply

I haven't actually gone BR yet (saving the money for the fees at the moment).

The only problem with working it out over 12 months is that you have to pay the council tax over the first 10 months so strictly speaking if your SoA was cut tightly you wouldn't have the extra to pay up front.
    Bankrupt 07/10/2009

Early Discharge 20/05/2010
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    remember they only take 50-70% of any surplus so thee is room for manouver
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure