Driveway company recommendation (Glasgow area)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
4 replies 1.1K views
alamo_2alamo_2 Forumite
85 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Hi. We are looking to have our driveway done with either monoblock or tarmac.
Could anyone please recommend a company who has done a good job for you as we dont know who to go with. Preferably someone who will work in the glasgow area. Many thanks.

Replies

• edited 30 August 2009 at 11:52AM
    scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    edited 30 August 2009 at 11:52AM
    alamo wrote: »
    Hi. We are looking to have our driveway done with either monoblock or tarmac.
    Could anyone please recommend a company who has done a good job for you as we dont know who to go with. Preferably someone who will work in the glasgow area. Many thanks.

Can't answer your question specifically as I don't live in your area. However, before having mine done, I looked at similar drives in my area over three years old and then asked the house owner who did it.

Important to look at work over three years old, because then any subsidence will be obvious and that suggests a botched job with not enough attention to the sub layers.
  • Thank you for the good advice, we will have a look around in the area and see what we can find out.
  • Lynn11Lynn11 Forumite
    674 Posts
    2yrs ago we got our driveway monoblocked and got 3 prices quoted. We went with a company who were really good and fairly reasonable and they did not take any money until you are happy with the job. We live in lanarkshire and I believe that they are located there. They are called driveways direct. Good luck in finding a good contractor. I found them through recommendations.
    MFIT T2 Challenge - No 46
    Overpayments 2006-2009 = £11985; 2010 = £6170, 2011 = £5570, 2012 = £1290
  • Thank you, i will go and have a look for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals