Barclay's Silver Card

Options
brookerbabyisababy
brookerbabyisababy Posts: 375 Forumite
edited 28 August 2009 at 3:01PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/aug/28/barclays-banking-act-stolen-cards

I myself have the light blue version. But I have seen silver Barclays cards and wondered what account you got these with. Does anybody have a clue?

Comments

• Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    I think that Silver is for Business accounts
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • MadMax2_2
    MadMax2_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    I think its the Platinum Banking Connect Card
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 August 2009 at 4:39PM
    Options
    MadMax2 is correct - It's the Platinum Banking Connect current account. It's no longer offered by Barclays, although those on it continue to get them. I think Additions replaced it. There are some nice benefits though. Free bankers drafts, free old statements (usually a fiver each for reprints), £250 cheque guarantee (kinda useless these days really), a £750(?) ATM withdrawal limit rather than the usual £300(?), £250 free overdraft and some other useful bits and bobs. Can't recall all the specifics now.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • brookerbabyisababy
    Options
    Do Additions offer this new card or just for old customers?
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    The silver card is for Platinum Banking, which is a withdrawn product. It was not replaced - the added value propositions existed already and could be operated along side each other (i.e. Additions Platinum).

No new customers will be granted this card/product, existing customers will not be affected.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/aug/28/barclays-banking-act-stolen-cards

I myself have the light blue version. But I have seen silver Barclays cards and wondered what account you got these with. Does anybody have a clue?

What is interesting in that link is the following
    Barclays seems to have ignored the fact that it must show that Howell had been careless. But that doesn't much matter because Howell, like the Lloyds victim, is protected by a little-known clause in the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This states that if a stolen card was used as a "credit token", the owner is again liable only for the first £50 of any losses. And it is deemed to have been used as a credit token if it was used to remove funds from an overdrawn account. Happily for Howell his account was in the red before his card was filched and, even more happily, the act takes precedence over the Banking Code, according to the Financial Services Ombudsman.
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • MPH80
    MPH80 Posts: 973 Forumite
    Options
    What is interesting in that link is the following

I've been bleating on about this for a while ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=372881&highlight=
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    MPH80 wrote: »
    I've been bleating on about this for a while ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=372881&highlight=

Just read your thread - nice work mate :T

Shame it had sat in the douldrums for the last 2yrs! If it falls behind then add a post to bump it back to the top!
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family