wages

Options
Hi All,

Without sounding really thick i have a question.:confused:

I started work on 19th april and our pay date is the 21st cut off date being the 19th, i didn`t get paid until the 21st may, i finished with them on 18th july and they have said all they owe me is my pro rata annual leave and enhancements, but i thought that they would have owed me junes wages, am i wrong ??

Thank you

Comments

• FirstTimeSaz
    Options
    confusion wrote: »
    Hi All,

Without sounding really thick i have a question.:confused:

I started work on 19th april and our pay date is the 21st cut off date being the 19th, i didn`t get paid until the 21st may, i finished with them on 18th july and they have said all they owe me is my pro rata annual leave and enhancements, but i thought that they would have owed me junes wages, am i wrong ??

Thank you

Surely you should have been payed another month on 21st june and are now owed a month for 19th june to 18th july?
  • confusion
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply i did ask the pay dept and they said i was paid up to date on the 21st of june but i worked until 18th july and they said that i`m paid monthly for the work i have done, but according to their handbook it`s a month in arrears, plus in july i worked a few nights and weekends.

Thank you
  • FirstTimeSaz
    Options
    Most companys pay a month in arrears, so you get paid at the end of the month for the month you have worked.
    Otherwise you'd get paid, then if you were ill or left company the you'd have to pay money back.

I definately think you are owed a month
  • confusion
    Options
    :TThank you i shall look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business