How many people have second jobs?

Options
How many of you guys & girls have a second job? what do you do for them and how many hours? :) thanks

Comments

• movingforward2010
    Options
    Jay83 wrote: »
    How many of you guys & girls have a second job? what do you do for them and how many hours? :) thanks

I used to a few years back, i worked 8.30am - 5pm mon - fri in my main job, and 6pm-10pm mon-fri and sat &sun 10am -10pm in the second one.

Unfortunately it was all to much for me to cope with and i had a nervous break down in the end, lost the 2nd job and was off work for 8 months in my first job, needless to say ive never been that desperate to earn loads money again, health is No.1 for me now :)
  • debtfreein4years
    Options
    again i used to.

1st time round i was working full time in an office monday to friday 9 to 5, my second job was working saturday 10 to 6 and sunday 9 to 7 in a supermarket. I also fitted in babysitting thursday, friday and saturday nights most weeks. managed around a year of the supermarket job as was trying to earn money to go on holiday and pay credit card.

2nd time round I was again working full time in an office monday to friday 9 to 5, the second job was again working in a supermarket but doing 2 nights a week 6 to 10 and sunday 7 to 2. lasted 8 months in this before i gave it up cause of being tired, again was just doing it to earn money to pay off credit card.

3rd time round working in an office full time monday to friday 8.30 to 5.30, second job was waitressing from 6 to 9/9.30 2 nights a week one week and 3 nights a week the next. again credit card led to the second job. lasted 4 months doing this.
    Debt free 3 years early :j
    Savings for house deposit - very healthy

Cash back earnt so far £14.57
  • myothercarisaferrari
    Options
    I currently work:

7:45am - 5:15pm Mon - Fri main job
    8:00am - 1:00pm Sat - Sun bakers
    6:00pm - 10pm Tues and Thurs pub
    :money:
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    I used to work office job 8 - 5pm and then subways 6 - 12pm. Kept weekends off so I could relax and recharge. I started to get a little ill so decided I would stop and then to my surprise I was offered a promotion in my mian office job. (This was 2 yrs ago)
  • vicshippers
    Options
    Much respect to you all for hammering all those hours in. I work 8 - 6 and I feel like I don't have enough time at home.

You guys should be really proud of yourselves.
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Options
    I work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and 6 til 10 Monday Friday and Saturday. When people are off I get all the extra shifts too. Just wish I didnt have all the tax. Once I come back from Africa and save up for My African Grey I'll be leaving my second job and focusing on my parrot :D
    Oh, I go around car boots on a sunday morning, getting things to sell on ebay and do mystery shopping too. No rest for the wicked eh? lol

I dont mind it as it gets me up off my a** and earning extra cash, plus its a good luagh in my second job.

xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • absolutelynomoney
    absolutelynomoney Posts: 286 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2009 at 2:53PM
    Options
    I have 3 jobs!

Estate agent secretary 3 days a week, piano teacher 5-7 hours a week and bar-tender in the evenings at the end of the week.

I also do mystery shopping as well.
    Slowly working towards earning enough money (through various ventures) to live unworriedly, treat my family and sleep under a lovely roof. x
  • freebiequennie
    Options
    I work 8-4 mon-fri and husband does 9-5 mon-fri

once a year we do 3-4wks worth of work evenings and weekend for the council doing the electoral register forms (chasing people up who havent sent them back)- we get a set number of houses to visit and have to do it eve and weekends - one visit, if not in a second visit. its up to us to manage our time and we have 4wks to complete it.

We also do election work for the council poll clerks and also poll counting clerks - these jobs are alot of hard work for not a huge amount of money but pays for extras like holidays - election work means using annual leave from normal job to do it.
  • Wanno
    Wanno Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    For the past 2 years I have worked a full time job- when I say full time I mean I work 6am until 8pm. ergh!
    I work on the weekends 8-3 for another two employers for a bit of fun on a farmers market and go into the full time job after that if work needs doing. (most weekends)

I am most definitely a workaholic but I do really enjoy the farmers markets- don't really see that as work. I intend to work less hours once my house purchase has gone through. I'm pretty darn tired now!
  • screamer
    screamer Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Now we know where all the jobs are going :-)

Kidding! I wish I had all your energy. In fact a little bit of your energy will do me!
    Yaaay, I finally conned a man into making a honest woman of me. Even more shocking is that I can put the words "Happily" and "Married" into the same sentence and not have life insurance on my mind when I say it ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure