Agencies and references :s

Options
well i got offered a job a couple of weeks ago to start next tuesday. the agency said they would contact me yesterday to confirm the times and where i was to go etc. no phonecall so i called them today and they are still waiting on 2 of my references and havent chased them up :mad:

ive had to call and one was ok and emailed the agency a copy of the reference they had already sent via post no problems whatsoever. the 2nd is a pain, the hr woman had a really bad attitude about it and could i get the agency to email her and she would see what she could do.

im now waiting on the agency calling me back cause my contact wasnt availble and times a ticking as ive come back from a short break after 1 day cause of this as i want to be at home with all my info and rather than in a place where my mobile doesnt work.

just needed a vent more than anything as im panicking as i wont be able to start work on tuesday without this last reference.
Debt free 3 years early :j
Savings for house deposit - very healthy

Cash back earnt so far £14.57

Comments

• debtfreein4years
    Options
    my mini saga is getting worse!

my first reference who emailed the reference to the agency after me chasing it up, ive now found out that email references are not acceptable so needing a verbal from that one with the hardcopy to follow in the post. wont be a problem but annoying.

2nd reference has been chased up, but email reference is not acceptable so going to need to wait and see if they are willing to fax it. they have got till tomorrow lunchtime to do it as the woman who does it works part time!

im just panicking and its not good as i want to work but cant without this bleeming reference and ive no idea why the agency left it this late.

again no need to reply just a little update venting on the situation ive found myself in with the agency.

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope it gets sorted soon
  • wynnvegas
    wynnvegas Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That's a bit ott as far as reference collecting. Didn't you give your direct manager as a reference? Keep on at the agency. As a recruiter they don't give me a minute's peace and they should expect the same from the candidate end. They should be kicking down doors anyway as they'll only get paid once you start. Be firm but as patient as possible with them.
    Mortgage Free: 28/10/2010
    Time / Interest Saved: 18.5 years / £61,866.50
  • debtfreein4years
    Options
    thanks wynvegas. I needed 4 references for this role and 2 of them I've not had to chase. The 3rd got lost in the post it seems and it was no bother for them to email and now verbally reference me over the phone. The 4th, well I think they are a little annoyed with me requesting another reference as they have done a couple for me in the past month with agencies.

I did give my previous managers details for the 4th reference to forward onto hr as managers are not allowed to do company references so i appreciate they may be a bit fed up doing yet another reference for me but i confirmed with my previous manager the details and that it was ok for me to give their details.

well got to go out so fingers crossed i will have a positive update tomorrow at some point.

• debtfreein4years
    Options
    whew! just had the agency on the phone and it is fine for me to start work on tuesday. they are still waiting on one reference but 3 is good enough at the moment so unless the last one is horrific then its just dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

my mini saga is now over :j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business