Misinformed by JCP

Options
When I went for my six month review I was told I was "preapproved" for Income Based JSA. I thought nothing more of the matter, and signed on as usual. 3 days after I signed on I received no payment so phoned up to ask why. I got told that the job centre misinformed me, and that you have to re-apply. I'm furious that I have been left out of pocket, and how inefficient they are. The guy on the phone said if I have any questions about JSA to phone up, and not ask the advisor at the job centre. What is the point of the advisor when they clearly don't know what they are doing?

Comments

• Giulliana
    Giulliana Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    If it's any comfort to you exactly the same thing happened to me, I did not lose any money but a payment was delayed.

Can only suggest you talk loudly about contacting local councillors; your MP etc. it certainly stirred my local job centre to sort it out pdq.

Also if you are in receipt of housing benefit make sure that is not interrupted either.
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    stockport wrote: »
    When I went for my six month review I was told I was "preapproved" for Income Based JSA. I thought nothing more of the matter, and signed on as usual. 3 days after I signed on I received no payment so phoned up to ask why. I got told that the job centre misinformed me, and that you have to re-apply. I'm furious that I have been left out of pocket, and how inefficient they are. The guy on the phone said if I have any questions about JSA to phone up, and not ask the advisor at the job centre. What is the point of the advisor when they clearly don't know what they are doing?

My 6 month review is due now - but they haven't informed me about it, or what to do next ! Luckily, I posted a thread on here asking what I am supposed to do, and was given the revelant correct advise by a very helpful poster:T
  • Giulliana
    Giulliana Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    The thing is I was told it was a one off mistake from a new member of staff, clearly this is not true. It is a serious training issue.
  • stockport
    stockport Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll certainly mention talking to local councillors and MP! I've already written a letter of complaint to the JCP manager. Just finnished filling in the million page form they sent me. I had my six month review 2 weeks ago, and have just received a letter this morning inviting me to attend another one!! They really don't seem to have a clue what they are doing.
  • oldmotherreilly
    Options
    Unfortunately, new members of staff in JCP are not given any benefit training as far as I can tell. I would mention that you were 'misdirected' by a member of staff (give their name and date of the misdirection if you can) and state that you wish to claim JSA(IB) from the day after your JSA(Conts) ran out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure