So what's the deal

Options
Apparently money can be made from online surveys, but what's the catch?

Comments

• vicshippers
    Options
    They take a very long time to complete and you get paid very little (ten minute survey = 10p making your hourly rate 60p an hour)
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you value your time then some arent worth bothering.If you just want a small amount of pin money then fine. Some survey companies let you go through the whole process of answering lots of questions and then saying "sorry you dont qualify"

Others like Yougov pay but it takes like 2 years just to get £50 which is minimum payment
  • Supermarshal
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys.
  • simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do toluna and lightspeed panel and one a week can add up to a tidy amount in vouchers over the year. I normally save mine until christmas time :)
  • kell.b
    kell.b Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    Some surveys are better then others. Sometimes I get £1 for a 20 minute survey, sometimes 10p for a 5 minute survey. You don't have to fill in every one that you're invited to, so the low paying ones you can ignore.

Recently I've done a online forum which took 1 hour 30 minutes and I received £40. All in all I've done five online forums which I would recommend you sign up for if applicable with any surveys sites you may join.

Some companies reward you with points which you can redeem for products or vouchers.

I think it is worthwhile as I am able to buy or reedem points for many things that I otherwise could not afford. It's not a living but it certainly helps.
  • Queen-Bee_2
    Options
    kell.b wrote: »
    Recently I've done a online forum which took 1 hour 30 minutes and I received £40. All in all I've done five online forums which I would recommend you sign up for if applicable with any surveys sites you may join.

Hello - I have joined a few in the last week, but haven't seen any on-line forums - is it possible for you to share names? Thanks, QB
  • stallfinder
    Options
    I used to do a few of these, the best ones I found were from Valued Opinions. There's loads of others like Lightspeed, Yougov & Ciao but I found it took a really long time to see any rewards from them.
  • Michelle99_2
    Options
    Market research companies want info and will pay for it. The catch is many don't want to (obvious I guess!) and will put a high payout threshold, pay you in vouchers or prize entry draw or say your completed survey doesn't qualify. Watch out for these tricks.
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have always found these Survey sites very frustrating. I have done hundreds of surveys over the years and received zilch in return.

I concentrate now on sites that I know pay - such as Dooyoo for doing reviews. This is a very reliable site.

Also cashback which has raked me in thousands over the last few years. Mainly on risk free gambling cashbacks but also on daily clicks.
    http://cashbacktracker.blogspot.com/

Cheers
    Steve
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • johncaduk
    Options
    Very tight site this one. I did over 70 surveys for them and never received a penny or a point. At the end of each survey I got the chance to click on a donation for a UK charity (which I did) but how for each click Opinionworld refuse to say (if anything!) You also get supposedly entered into prize draws but after finding out there several million members do as well - I quit. Pretty site but Dodgy!!:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure