How to change the tax codes for my JOBS

Options
Hi All,

I had finished my university and was working in a full time job.(Sales job). Recently I got an offer from a very good company and started on last week. I have already filled a P46 for the new job and had decided to leave from the previous job.(So ticked category B on P46 as this is the only job)
But I need to keep my previous sales job as a part time job( Only on Saturdays).
But I don't need to have a BR tax code for my new job. I don't mind to have a BR tax code for my previous sales job. Will my second job have a proper tax code? Can I change the previous sales job tax code through a form?

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The best thing to do is to ring up the tax office and explain the situation to them. They will then send a notice of coding to your old employer to tax you on a BR code. When you fill in the P46 for your new (main) job, then tick box B and you will be taxed on the emergency code. You also need to check that you are not paying too much National Insurance - if you earn more than around £40,000 in your main job, you should only pay 1% national insurance on your Saturday job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure