Some of the best ways for teens to make money

Options
What are some of the best ways? I am 16 myself and find that taking part in market research groups such as Valued Opinions is great. Making money this way has helped me to afford some products which would otherwise take me ages to afford. Does anyone know of any (market research or any other type) companies that are specifically looking for teens?:confused: I am a member of some other companies also like Toluna, Lightspeed, Saros etc... But I am just looking for some more ways to make some dosh, and hopefully help out other under 18 year olds on MSE too!:beer:
Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T

Comments

• TomCon_2
    TomCon_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    How about a Saturday or weekend job? Lots of overtime available during school holidays and if you get your foot in the door, a well established part time job can be a god send when you head of to uni and could either get a transfer or just do hours when you are back at home from your holidays.

You also don't pay tax on your first £6475 so it is unlikley you would have to pay any tax.
  • willsonline
    Options
    Get a p/t job a Royal Mail. Lots of students make good money there. Pay rates are very good too compared to other similar jobs!
  • LJC89
    LJC89 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    You could try Dooyoo where you write reviews in exchange for cash, I joined about 2 months ago and have made over £100
  • _coco_
    _coco_ Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with the post below but I have been a member of dooyoo for about a month and have about £50. It's decent enough money to be earning and if you research and find other good review sites it should all add up :)
  • MoradoJess
    Options
    Sorry but I found this on dooyoo site
    "
    2. How many dooyooMiles can I earn?

There is no upper limit, however you can only earn dooyooMiles if you are 18 or over and you're a resident of the UK. You must be a resident of the UK to receive cash payments (in cheque form) when you redeem your dooyooMiles."

AFAIK Ciao can be used by under 18s
  • Pheobe21
    Options
    I reckon you have got a lot of time on your hands - Try ebay. Sit down and think what you like first. Think what you are intrested in and know well - if it's clothes - go to the charity shop find something nice and sell it on ebay - don't spend the money - invest it in 2 new things. do the research first to know what's popular - remember if noone is selling something most of the times means that noone buys it.
  • Nosht
    Nosht Posts: 744 Forumite
    Options
    Offer local pensioners a grass cutting service on a regular basis.
    Some will pay about £5 for their small patch to be cut once a week & build up this trade.
    In winter offer them a snow/ice clearing service.

Regards,

N.
    Never be afraid to take a profit. ;)
    Keep breathing. :eek:
    Just because I am surrounded by FOOLS does not make me wise. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts