We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Proof of deposit with HSBC

2»

Comments

  • TheMiner
    TheMiner Posts: 619 Forumite
    I'm in a similar boat. Lender (NW) has asked to see proof of deposit, but the money is a bit dotted around (mine and my partner's bank accounts, an endowment and a gift from my parents). Do I need to put all the money in one account first or will they accept statements?

    We aren't likely to exchange for six weeks and I would definitely have the money in one place then (probably sooner)
    £5k+ since Jul 2008.
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    TheMiner wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat. Lender (NW) has asked to see proof of deposit, but the money is a bit dotted around (mine and my partner's bank accounts, an endowment and a gift from my parents). Do I need to put all the money in one account first or will they accept statements?

    We aren't likely to exchange for six weeks and I would definitely have the money in one place then (probably sooner)

    They will accept statements and a letter from your parents
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.