What is the next step?

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I'll try and keep it as short as possible while giving the facts.
October 2008 I left a job and started a new one with better prospects hours etc. Feb 2009 I was dismissed from this job for gross misconduct - I believed this to be unfair, however I didnot appeal mainly because I had been with the company less than a year so would not be worth much. I started claiming JSA. In april I started back at the job I left in Oct 08, I really hated the job, but hated being unemployed more. During this time I had been doing some casual work with a different company, at the start of June they offered my a full time job, asking me to start straight away so I couldn't work my notice period. I jumped at the chance as I genuine thought it was a good opportunity (more fool me!) I was always paid cash and told 'tax etc is taken care of' and that 'we will sign paperwork etc in august etc after the busy period'. Please bear in mind that this new job meant I was working in an office, just the 3 of us and the other 2 were married, which I was not aware of when I first started. At the end of july their nanny quit suddenly and they asked me to help out. I ended up staying at their house for 2 weeks solid, and another week where I got to go home 3 nights. Basically I got fed up and said I did not want to look after their kids any more, and they said that was fine and could go back to working in the office after a week off. They have since not responded to any of my messages regarding when I am to be back at work, So I assume they dont want me back, I have been off 2 weeks.
So questions:
-Can I make another claim for JSA? - I am concerned because I never officially signed off, just stopped going, silly I know but I guess I was betting on not having to sign on again!
-How do you make a complaint about an employer not paying tax? I couldn't find anything on HMRC website. Will this affect claim for JSA?
-Also I have an interview on wednesday, but feel I have ruined my chances regarding references. I have one from voluntary work I have done, but they usually as for 2?

Any advice would be appreciated. I understand that a large part of my problems are my own fault, I would kindly ask that i am not judged for this, I am feeling very fragile a the moment - there is a lot going on.
:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family