Plumber recommendation in Ayrshire?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
9 replies 1.5K views
p4girlp4girl Forumite
141 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Where have all the plumbers gone???!!!

I need a plumber to fit a new shower unit and shower in a small upstairs bathroom. Nothing fancy (two teenagers in house...!), but I just can't get anyone who's interested.

Anyone know a friendly and reliable face I could get in touch with? I'm in Ayr.

A "cash job of an evening" would be fine by me!

Replies

• NoshtNosht Forumite
    744 Posts
    Good luck to you. The cheapest quote I had recently was over £500, just for fitting a small shower unit & a small bath guard. Regards, N. P.S. Maybe worth trying one of the many "Polish Plumber & Plasterers" advertising locally.
    Never be afraid to take a profit. ;)
    Keep breathing. :eek:
    Just because I am surrounded by FOOLS does not make me wise. :j
  • scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    p4girl wrote: »

I need a plumber to fit a new shower unit and shower in a small upstairs bathroom. Nothing fancy (two teenagers in house...!), but I just can't get anyone who's interested.

Don't want to put the company name on here but I have sent you a personal message.
  • john0612john0612 Forumite
    412 Posts
    Nosht wrote: »
    Good luck to you. The cheapest quote I had recently was over £500, just for fitting a small shower unit & a small bath guard. Regards, N. P.S. Maybe worth trying one of the many "Polish Plumber & Plasterers" advertising locally.
    aye bad enough when all our factorys are closing down, lets keep the wheels of industry going by giving it to poles :confused:

soon they'll be no trades left
  • john0612 wrote: »
    aye bad enough when all our factorys are closing down, lets keep the wheels of industry going by giving it to poles :confused:

soon they'll be no trades left

It would appear the poster has asked local tradespeople and is getting no-where. The reason there are a lot of foreign workers in the area is that they will do jobs that locals will not take like repetative factory work or small trade jobs.
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p4girl wrote: »

Don't know if it's too late or not, but I've just seen this. I'll PM you the name of the guy who did our bathroom.
  • Hi, just seen this also - have sent you a PM
    Waddle you do eh?
  • If not too late, try Bruce on 07918 153 560. Helped me with a couple of plumbing issues in my house when my normal plumber wasn't available. Very flexible.

reards,

glasgowsoundman
  • tiamai_dtiamai_d Forumite
    12K Posts
    Resurrecting rather than starting a new one.

I'm after a plumber around Ayr to fit an ensuite shower room and a radiator in a loft conversion as well as move a radiator about 1-2m along a wall.

PM's welcome, thank you!
  • deedee71deedee71 Forumite
    917 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Can I jump on this bandwagon too?

I need a plumber/odd job man to fix the insides of my cistern - all the metal innards have fell to pieces.

PM's welcome too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals