Plumber recommendation in Ayrshire?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
9 replies 1.5K views
p4girlp4girl Forumite
141 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Where have all the plumbers gone???!!!

I need a plumber to fit a new shower unit and shower in a small upstairs bathroom. Nothing fancy (two teenagers in house...!), but I just can't get anyone who's interested.

Anyone know a friendly and reliable face I could get in touch with? I'm in Ayr.

A "cash job of an evening" would be fine by me!

Replies

  • NoshtNosht Forumite
    744 Posts
    Good luck to you. The cheapest quote I had recently was over £500, just for fitting a small shower unit & a small bath guard. Regards, N. P.S. Maybe worth trying one of the many "Polish Plumber & Plasterers" advertising locally.
    Never be afraid to take a profit. ;)
    Keep breathing. :eek:
    Just because I am surrounded by FOOLS does not make me wise. :j
  • scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    p4girl wrote: »
    Where have all the plumbers gone???!!!

    I need a plumber to fit a new shower unit and shower in a small upstairs bathroom. Nothing fancy (two teenagers in house...!), but I just can't get anyone who's interested.

    Anyone know a friendly and reliable face I could get in touch with? I'm in Ayr.

    A "cash job of an evening" would be fine by me!

    Don't want to put the company name on here but I have sent you a personal message.
  • john0612john0612 Forumite
    412 Posts
    Nosht wrote: »
    Good luck to you. The cheapest quote I had recently was over £500, just for fitting a small shower unit & a small bath guard. Regards, N. P.S. Maybe worth trying one of the many "Polish Plumber & Plasterers" advertising locally.
    aye bad enough when all our factorys are closing down, lets keep the wheels of industry going by giving it to poles :confused:

    soon they'll be no trades left
  • john0612 wrote: »
    aye bad enough when all our factorys are closing down, lets keep the wheels of industry going by giving it to poles :confused:

    soon they'll be no trades left

    It would appear the poster has asked local tradespeople and is getting no-where. The reason there are a lot of foreign workers in the area is that they will do jobs that locals will not take like repetative factory work or small trade jobs.
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p4girl wrote: »
    Where have all the plumbers gone???!!!

    I need a plumber to fit a new shower unit and shower in a small upstairs bathroom. Nothing fancy (two teenagers in house...!), but I just can't get anyone who's interested.

    Anyone know a friendly and reliable face I could get in touch with? I'm in Ayr.

    A "cash job of an evening" would be fine by me!
    Don't know if it's too late or not, but I've just seen this. I'll PM you the name of the guy who did our bathroom.
  • Hi, just seen this also - have sent you a PM
    Waddle you do eh?
  • If not too late, try Bruce on 07918 153 560. Helped me with a couple of plumbing issues in my house when my normal plumber wasn't available. Very flexible.

    reards,

    glasgowsoundman
  • tiamai_dtiamai_d Forumite
    12K Posts
    Resurrecting rather than starting a new one.

    I'm after a plumber around Ayr to fit an ensuite shower room and a radiator in a loft conversion as well as move a radiator about 1-2m along a wall.

    PM's welcome, thank you!
  • deedee71deedee71 Forumite
    917 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Can I jump on this bandwagon too?

    I need a plumber/odd job man to fix the insides of my cistern - all the metal innards have fell to pieces.

    PM's welcome too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals