🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

floating shelf on a dot'n'dab wall

Options
both end walls of the loft conversion are dot'dab'ed plasterboard and i want to put up a few floating shelves to put some bits on, whats best fixings to use for this?

Not going to be holding loads of weight, dvd's, photo frame, few aftershaves etc

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    drill straight thro into the wall direct. use longer screws than normal.
    Get some gorm.
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    Options
    depends, if it was me i'd get the right tools now and if you ever want to put something heavy on them the screw i mention below would do the trick no probs. i've just installed two plasmas in my house today using these rigifix screws and i could hang off them without a fuss

this is the babies....
    http://www.cwatson.co.uk/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d171.html

you can buy off ebay for about £6 delivered. trust me they are superb. I heard about on them on a plasma tv forum.

good luck
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport