Can someone else use my Tesco points vouchers?

Options
As OH and I are returning to Australia next month, I will need to cancel my clubcard and now that the last lot of vouchers have come up, have decided to reduce my shopping at Tescos.

I have rung them and they say I can transfer my unused clubcard points to someone else when I cancel, which is great.

But, does anyone know if someone else can use the points vouchers that I got in my last clubcard statement. They are for an online shop, which we definatley wont do so close to when we are leaving, but are they specific for me, or can I pass them on to a friend?

Thanks

Comments

• MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maybe you could put a friend's order in, in your name and pay for it with the vouchers.
    I don't get the online only vouchers (are you sure you can't use them in store? - maybe buy toiletries dvds or clothes to take withyou?) so I don't know what they say on them. Usually they have your name on so can't be used by anyone else.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm always using my mum's vouchers as she gets offers for stuff I buy. Likewise she sometimes uses mine. It's never been an issue.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Is there someone you know you could use the vouchers to buy a years subscription to a magazine for? I'm sure they do may different interest ones.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • cakeordeath_2
    Options
    do they have a barcode on? if so they can be used instore..

If you have more than £5 maybe you could get double up vouchers for a department your friend would use as they are valid for 3 months and I don't think they have your name printed on.

Otherwise, if you have time, apply for deal vouchers to the value of what you have, then return them as unused (someone here will know where or ring tesco for the address) that way they'll be put back onto your balance and will be transfered to your friend.
    Turn £100 into £10,000 in 2010 member # 247
    £5059.07/10,000 :j 31/12/10 = 50%
    Target for 2011, 100% of £11,000 :D
  • than4
    than4 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I think I have confused people.

I am going to use the clubcard vouchers that have been turned into cash.

The ones I mean are the ones you get for extra points.
    I think this time we have "spend £1.50 on toilet rolls and earn 50 extra points"

Ours have a code on them to be used for deliveries, as that's what we normally get. I don't think we can use them instore (and I dont need any more toilet rolls anyway!)
  • cakeordeath_2
    Options
    oh right...yeah you can use them on other clubcards, the cashiers don't cross check names or clubcard numbers they just scan 'em and the tills don't pick it up either, so you'll be fine handing them over. :)
    Turn £100 into £10,000 in 2010 member # 247
    £5059.07/10,000 :j 31/12/10 = 50%
    Target for 2011, 100% of £11,000 :D
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I tried using a voucher my Mum gave me and they noticed. They put it through but said next time I won't be able to use someone else's voucher :rolleyes:
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    I tried using a voucher my Mum gave me and they noticed. They put it through but said next time I won't be able to use someone else's voucher :rolleyes:

Self-service :D
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • brightonman123
    Options
    why not give friend the vchrs AND card? if paying cash, what do tesco care?
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure