edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
12 replies 35.6K views
2»

Replies

• sharpe106sharpe106 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    they always have a sale, i never had a problam when i first went to look the salesman was pretty pushy when i went back to look again was a different one and he was not at all so worked out pretty good for me
  • lindos90lindos90 Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you really like it, and have seen nothing you like anywhere else, then buy it while its on sale, as others have said, they do rotate what is on offer, and designs change too.

My advice however is to avoid DFS, we bought a chair and reyclining sofa from them 4 years ago, it was very poor quality, the seats didnt line up, their answer was to keep adding stuffing to one side, and asking me to hit the other one daily to see if the padding would 'settle'.

I explained that if he looked under the settee he would see that the seat frames were different sizes/heights on the left and right, and none of the screw holes ligned up!

Eventually after advice from trading standards we got our credit company to get involved, it was very stressful, and they spun it out as long as they could 'it needs time to settle' rubbish, as the longer you have the suite, the harder it is to get your money back!

For every one person I know who had been happy with a DFS suite, I know 9 who are not, so I'd say its quite a risk.

In the end we got our money back, went to Ikea, and love the suite we bought, much better CS too, which we were not expecting!!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support