Marmite Fan Club

http://www.marmite.co.uk/

Choose if you love or hate marmite
Register for the fan club in the bottom lefthand corner

Join up today and get access to post to the discussion forums. If you want, we will also tell you about competitions, free giveaways, events and developments on Marmite.com. We may also like to ask you some questions from time to time about potential developments and new product launches

(found yesterday on t&t, thanks Jules)

Comments

• Our house is completely Marmite mad - so some Marmite freebies would be great. OH has even trawled the internet for how to make his own Marmite!!!
    £2 Saver Club (started 24th March '06) going towards No. 2 Son Cub trip!!
    20p Saver Club (started 11th April '06) Grand Total = £135.00 Paid to Akela
  • I love my Marmite on toast, soldiers of course.
  • helenstuff
    helenstuff Posts: 140 Forumite
    Oh this is a tricky one! I love marmite, no doubt - but the question is do you love or hate 'squeezy' marmite and I'm afraid if it's not in the jar, it's just not proper! :think:
  • cookie_monster
    cookie_monster Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Joined this ages ago but didn't get anything off them.
    I hate migraines.
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Our house is completely Marmite mad - so some Marmite freebies would be great. OH has even trawled the internet for how to make his own Marmite!!!

I seem to remember seeing a documentary about this and apparently, its a by-product of the brewing industry. The sludge that is left at the end or something - not very romantic an image I'm afraid. Can't remember any more details.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Somerled
    Somerled Posts: 348 Forumite
    I seem to remember seeing a documentary about this and apparently, its a by-product of the brewing industry. The sludge that is left at the end or something - not very romantic an image I'm afraid. Can't remember any more details.

If I remember correctly it was an entrepeneurs dream! The creator of Marmite kept on taking samples of the yeast sludge from Burton on Trent brewers until he made something which tasted good and was acceptable to a survey market. Before he made it available to the public he signed a deal to pay next to nothing for the brewery by-product, may have even be paid to take it away. What is especially good is that he got a LONG contract.
    Veteran Bargain Hunter -
    Best ever bargain: Rugby shirts (seconds) @ 20p
  • diddydi
    diddydi Posts: 617 Forumite
    I always use 1 heaped teaspoonful of Marmite in my casseroles/curries etc. It really makes a difference you should try it!
  • Sharra
    Sharra Posts: 751 Forumite
    Me too! Yummy yummy!
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has anybody tried any of the new squeezy jars? I'm not sure I understand what was wrong with the old glass ones, so is there any improvement?
    Stompa
  • s0ulb0y
    s0ulb0y Posts: 31 Forumite
    joined marmite.co.uk ages ago...my fav snack 'cheese & marmite toasty'....hhmmmmm
    :cool: Respect yourself and others will respect you :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport