Best Baking Trays and Roasting Tins

Options
We are after new baking trays and roasting tins for the oven. After buying many cheap ones over the years getting fed up with trying to clean them normally end up binning and buying new.

I want them to be non stick and dishwasher safe.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Aileen_Una
    Aileen_Una Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    The silicone bake ware is great, non stick, dishwasher and freezer safe and much easier to get your creations out of them!
  • McAzrael
    McAzrael Posts: 917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco have a range which I've been quite impressed with - cheap(ish) but still pretty robust. I can't remember what they call them (it may be Tesco Professional or some such) but they have a gold and silver label.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    McAzrael wrote: »
    Tesco have a range which I've been quite impressed with - cheap(ish) but still pretty robust. I can't remember what they call them (it may be Tesco Professional or some such) but they have a gold and silver label.

i have seen them they are called tesco professional but wondered if they were any good.

been looking at lakeland but the mermaid ones are not dishwash safe
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I have the lakeland bakegenius ones and they are fantastic. Not got a dishwasher so can't comment on that
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    I had a Tesco Professional baking pan, looked really good. Only used it a few times and the surface is starting to come off. I only ever use the sponge backed nylon scrubbers so was not too rough with it. Might have been a one off but you never know.

I like the enamel baking trays you can get, they take a fair bit of treatment.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • fifth_ave
    fifth_ave Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    divadee - we were fed up with the non stick surfaces starting to come off baking trays or starting to get rusty spots.

When we got some replacements we opted for the Meyer Circulon Bakeware, not cheap at roughly £10 for a baking sheet. We could just tell by the feel of it in the shop it was good quality and I must confess it hasn't let us down, it looks like it's going to be with us for a good 10 years plus. Also available in Debenhams.

http://www.johnlewis.com/14036/Range.aspx

My requirements were also a range that was dishwasher safe as we both work full time, fit in gym visits in evening and find it easier to pop everything in the dishwasher and bobs your uncle.
    However this range is not dishwasher safe, but it only takes two seconds, yes two seconds to wash up. Any remaining grease/oil or burnt food just sits gently on the surface and it comes away easily and effortlessly without the need for any elbow grease. It doesn't bother me anymore that I can't stick it in my dishwasher, and I must confess that I have had a baking tray sitting around for a couple of days before I got chance to wash it up and it still took 2 seconds and has not left any brown marks. The bakeware looks brand new. We could even get away with taking it back to the shop and the staff wouldn't be able to tell the difference between ours and the one's on the shelf.

Hope this helps.
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    How about trying the silicone ones from QVC - mainly good reviews - I've had no problems with the ones I bought but to be honest I haven't used them much - I prefer the mermaid ones (which I do put in the dishwasher even though you shouldn't)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.nav/params.file.UKAAYGLP,1.class.UKAAYGLP.level.3/walk.yah.UKHG-UK14?cm_re=PAGE-_-DEPARTMENTS-_-BAKEWARE

John Lewis own brand is also pretty good ( free and very efficient delivery too)

http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Garden/Kitchenware/Baking/Bakeware/853/ProductType.aspx
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • McAzrael
    McAzrael Posts: 917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 August 2009 at 11:06PM
    Options
    I've got some Circulon and Select (also Meyer) hard anodised pans and they are very good. You've reminded me I need a new wok.
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions everyone, one problem i am having is my oven appears on the small side, i can only have a maximum of 38x30 cm pans doh!!

still on the hunt for smaller ones
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    Options
    TK Maxx is good for oven ware. HTH
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure