Why Has Natwest Done This

Options
hi i am wondering why natwest has done this to cut along story short oh moved deparments not at his requeat and lost 80.00 a week i had another child and had to give up work hoped to go back after the birth but parents said they couldnt cope looking after two so that was another 90.00 per week we couldnt take that loss of income espically with a new baby

spoke to cccs who advised us to go bankrupt which oh did couldnt aford for both to go at the same time so has most of the dedt was his it made sence for him to go first i was about to do it when my brother went and got a job at the court on the floor which deals with bankruptcy no one knows in my famley about oh bankruptcy i didnt want my brother telling every one which he would so i decided against it i couldnt go back to the cccs as they have told me to go ahead with the bankruptcy
so i have gone to a free debt services who have put me on a dmp they have writting to every one and told them that i acnt aford the repayments and have offerd smaller one

natwest have come back today and said that they wont take my payment so it will get defaulted and then i will have to go to court

i dont understand why they have done this surly they can see that i could have gone bust on them and the fact i havent and i am trying to pay them back there money is better cause at least this way they will get there money back if i go bust they get nothing is this usall for dmp to get refused or are they just angery with me as my oh took them for 2.000 these are not my only credtor do they all behave like this and will i end up in court for all them ihave been making token payments on them all and will i get balifs at my door if it dose go to court i have posted what i owe at the end

natwest od 260 soon to bet 290 due to charges which has put me over my agrred limit

natwest credit card 1.600

choice 3.84

next 5.87

marbles 4.000 what wasnt even mine but oh done a ballance transfer two months before he went bust as it was a lower rate then when he lost the weekly money had to use his card to pay bills ect so he didnt have a card to transfer it back to before he went bust what make it even worse is that it wasnt his either it was a card he gave to his dad when working when dad stopped working he handed card back saying he couldnt aford it any more
i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Honey

Im finding it hard to work out what exactly have happened

HAve natwest refused a payment from you? If so what was the payment for?

Lynz
    xx
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi lynz
    no they havent refused a token payment but they say they wont accept my lower payment
    natwest credit card 1.600 should be paying 32.00 offer of payment 11.00 thats the payment they wont accept they have been taking my token payments of 5.00 but are still adding charges late payment fees and intresst and they have said that they are not giong to take 11.00 whats been offerd on my dmp
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They do it so you are technically in default under consumer credit act and they can take court action.

Or, with more cynical hat on, to try and scare yu into paying up more.

Highly unlikely court will award greater payments than you make under DMP, it will go in your favour that you are trying to actively manage it, and not run away and not pay anything!

Under 2k is small fry to bank - I think they're trying to frighten you into scraping up cash for them. Their legal fees would be quite a lot compared to what they could hope to recover from you.

Take guidance from people doing your dmp - they may be willing to intervene on your behalf, or at least give you an idea of when this will all calm down.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • earwig
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    do you think thats what they are trying to do scare me into paying more the whole situation is a nightmare if i wasnt lumped with oh dads debt i could aford to pay the debts i owe it realy frustrating that im the one getting all the worry and oh /dad are debt free and im giong to end up in court because of them still what can you do
  • isgman
    isgman Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    I have had the same thing from Nat West, they have said OK to my Offer on the Credit Card, but said that they would not accept the offer on my Nat West Loan account and the Overdraft... (both of which are less than the C/Card amount) so I guess they just want to keep adding interest etc.. makes more money for them and puts me further into the red... strange but can't do much about it,.
    :beer: Keep your Chin up.. it can only get better :beer:
    :confused: I'm one of those people who was born to have money, :confused:
    :confused: but I just don't have any!:confused:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    earwig wrote:
    do you think thats what they are trying to do scare me into paying more the whole situation is a nightmare if i wasnt lumped with oh dads debt i could aford to pay the debts i owe it realy frustrating that im the one getting all the worry and oh /dad are debt free and im giong to end up in court because of them still what can you do

You can keep your chin up, and take a look at your achievements so far, thats what you can do. :T

At the end of the day, a lot of banks are scum. YEs, probably are trying to frighten you. So what eh? Let em xx
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • jaws77
    jaws77 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't forget to send Natwest a letter claming back all the charges they are currently placing on your account.
  • Donedoingdebt
    Donedoingdebt Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Firstly, don't panic even though this is probably the most stressful time for you. Speaking from experience, you may receive a default notice from them. If they continue to refuse your offer of payment then they may well pass the debt on to a DCA (debt collection agency). Although this may sound frightening, I have found that these DCAs are sometimes easier to deal with than the actual bank, although some on this site will say otherwise. As long as you can make a reasonable offer of payment (NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD) then after some blustering they will accept this. It's very important to keep to your agreed payments to the DCA otherwise you get more stress with phone calls from them
    Donedoingdebt Lightbulb moment January 2000. Debt at highest approx £102,000. Debt now (October 2009 - absolutely fork all!!!):beer:
    CSA case closed on 02/09/10 :beer::beer:
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    we are having the same problem with Barclays and the interest is creeping up and up each month ive had letters telling me i have to pay full amount and this was by the 7th april little short of what i am doing we physically cannot afford to pay any more, another company have ccj'd us and are now trying to get extra money through my husbands job(he is in the army) its frustrating it seems to be banks that have a problem accepting smaller payments our cc's like egg have been fine about it
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • earwig
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    the debt are in my name the only income i have is child benfit and childs tax credit can they ask the court to take thier money stright from my benifits if they can dose the judge usally let them i know they cant touch my oh money at the moment as the offical reciver is in charge of that untill dec but after that can they take it stright from his money as we are married
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure