Sorry, its me being stupid again re: Lloyds TSB deposit points

Options
When I put the cash in the deposit point on Fri, if it takes 2 working days to clear, when will it clear by? If they are open on a Sat is that included as a working day?! Im confused! :confused:

and what if they have lost it?! OOooh i am worried now _pale_

Comments

• Snich
    Snich Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

You're not stupid - this stuff is confusing!

Even if the branch is open on a Saturday, they don't usually count it as a working day (in Abbey and HSBC anyway). Two working days from Friday would be Tuesday. (One working day would be Monday).

I really doubt they lost it. Do you have your receipt from the cashpoint machine? Don't worry. I'm sure it will turn up - and if, by the smallest possibility it doesn't, the receipt from the cashpoint machine, or by going into the branch will sort it out.

Hugs, Snich x
    Proud to be Dealing with my Debts
  • FatJock
    FatJock Posts: 196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    loopyloulou,

as far as I'm aware, Monday to Friday are the only working days that exist. If you bank on a Saturday then the transaction goes onto the following working day (i.e. Monday or Tuesday following a Bank Holiday).

As long as you get a receipt for the deposit then you should be ok.

It also used to be the case that anything you paid/banked after 15.30 went onto the next days transactions but I dont think this is the case anymore.

Hope this is use ful.

Cheers,
    FatJock
  • Thriftylady
    Options
    I don't think cash should have to clear though? Obviously a member of staff would need to check that the amount is correct and matches up with what you keyed in at the machine, but once that is done there is no reason why it shouldn't be available to you immediately if it was cash.

When I was a student, I lodged cash over the counter which still wasn't available to me about three days later. When I went in and queried it, a member of staff tried to tell me that when cash was lodged, it was sent by courier to my own branch and it was only when they processed it there that it would show on my account, as it wasn't considered 'cleared' until then !!! I don't think so....Ended up standing crying in the middle of the bank as I had no money for the bus home and was stranded, and when they eventually admitted that it was a load of cr*p, they still told me they were only giving me the money as they had checked with my own branch manager and he knew my dad and said I was ok! Wasn't LTSB, (I live in N.Ireland, was one of the local banks) but thought this might make you smile on a dreary Monday.
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cash should be available immediately.

I would phone and check that they haven't accidentally input it with 'deferment' (the code they use on cheques so you can't draw on them for 3 days).

Cos if they have, you'll need to go down to a branch to draw out money....
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Donedoingdebt
    Donedoingdebt Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bank working days are classed as Monday to Friday even though their branches may be open on Saturday. You should find that if you deposited your cash during normal bank hours on Friday then it will be available on the following Tuesday. However, if you deposited after normal hours on Friday then it will be classed as having been deposited on the Monday & therefore will not be available until Wednesday. Hope this clarifies things.
    Donedoingdebt Lightbulb moment January 2000. Debt at highest approx £102,000. Debt now (October 2009 - absolutely fork all!!!):beer:
    CSA case closed on 02/09/10 :beer::beer:
  • loopyloulou_3
    loopyloulou_3 Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Options
    thanks all

in my utter frustration i went into my bank and they havent "bothered" to emtpy the cash machine yet and i had reminded them to do so! they are now going to do it at close of business today so it should be in there by 2moro!

grrr! good thing i mentioned it otherwise it might have been there a week before someone said something!
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Make them give you an extra day's interest!!! Not your fault they are disorganised!!
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Donedoingdebt
    Donedoingdebt Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How professional does that sound from a company like Lloyds? They're all as bad as each other.
    Donedoingdebt Lightbulb moment January 2000. Debt at highest approx £102,000. Debt now (October 2009 - absolutely fork all!!!):beer:
    CSA case closed on 02/09/10 :beer::beer:
  • me_and_the_cat
    Options
    I put cash and a cheque in lloyds deposit point this morning - just checked my online banking and it's showing as been processed.

The cheque will still need to 'clear' but the cash is available to me to take out if I want it.

My branch of lloyds are quite good and empty their 'box' every day - and (fingers crossed) have never had a problem yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure