July 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• TC1978
    TC1978 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    3 days to go and it's my turn. I've had a completely emotional day- I guess it's everything coming together, so I'm on the Rescue Remedy in the hope that it will stop me blubbing at every opportunity!
    Dress was collected yesterday and is now hanging in Mum's conservatory.
    Today we've taken the ornaments across to the hotel so that their florists can wire them into the arrangements for table centres. Have called in at florist no. 2 to check the roses for buttonholes and church arrangements (collecting tomorrow), cut greenery for church arrangements, been to florist no. 1 to rearrange delivery of 3 buttonholes, cleaned 2 car (including the leather seats, scrubbed, cleaned sills) and as a result broke a nail!
    Tomorrow, I'm going back to bed for a bit after I've been to the gym! Have cleaning up to do before heading to put greenery in pew end arrangements, meeting cousin, Aunt and Unlce for coffee at 2pm, followed by pedicure at 3pm and rehearsal at 6pm.... Weatherspoons about 7.30pm!
    Friday I will be in a complete tizz and Saturday the tears will be flowing as fast as the champagne!
  • Mum_of_Boys
    Mum_of_Boys Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    gazfocus wrote: »
    We got married on Saturday and it was such a fabulous day. Only problem is the day's over now so got the blues a little...we're not having a honeymoon yet as we get the keys to our new house at the end of July so have hired a skip to clear out our current house lol....how romantic eh?

Just wondering what the best bits of your weddings were. Mine is that we had paid for a dove release at the church and the lady that did it rang me on the morning of the wedding to say that because of the weather we wouldn't be able to do it (which we totally understood). However, upon arrival at the hotel where the reception was held, the doves were there ready to be released as a surprise (due to the change in the weather) and it really made our day.

I'm just gutted the day is over and want to do it all over again lol

What a beautiful surprise. I think if that had happened to me I would have had a few tears in my eyes.

The feeling of wanting to do it all again never goes away (hence the reason why I am reading this thread and I've been married 8 years !!) But believe me when I say you will never lose the magic of such memories.

x
  • sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    im really suffering the post wedding blues-- doesnt help that i came on today (tmi?)-- so yesterday i was really emotional and burst into tears on the way home.
    i am struggling with going back to normal life-- we go on honeymoon on sunday so looking forward to that!
    i am back in work for 2 weeks after honeymoon- then i am in cyprus for 4 days for my best friends wedding (i am going alone as hubby wont fly)- so thats going to be hard without him-- i think when i am back in september its really going to hit me and im going to be really down!
    i hope i can pick myself up!
    i absolutely love being married- and planning it was my life for a year- and its all over - which is really strange!
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    see... i did exactly the same thing the week after mine and kept getting told i should be looking forward to my honeymoon,
    well i was looking forward to it, but its still hard not to mourn the passing of the wedding.

if its any help to you Sammy i felt a lot better when i got back from milan, i still have the odd moment where i see something and think that would be good at the wedding and then remember i dont need to think like that anymore!

the thing we are really struggling with is... its been nearly 4 weeks, but feels more like 4 months ago
  • sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    i hope i come out of it the other side curious!
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, just a quick one. Back from honeymoon on Friday, looked through the posts while I was away. Sorry for no replies but I have severe post-wedding blues and am trying to avoid thinking about anything for now. I'm not doing badly about that apart from seeing my dress and bouquet lots each day. When I feel a bit better about it I will post some pics etc.

I hope everyone has had lovely weddings.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • lollyb84
    lollyb84 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    I'M MARRIED!!!!! :j:j woohoo! :j:j
    Married my wonderful husband 31st July 2011 :j
    Baby boy born April 2013 - and 2 became 3! :)
    Baby number 2 due May 2016 - 3 will become 4! :)
  • lilmissking88
    Options
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Totty/Desktop/Deanna%20Kyle.htm
    Married My Best Friend & Soulmate on 21st July 11! So happy to be Mrs Kyle!:heart2:
  • Rose1960
    Rose1960 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Lolly and Mrs Kyle!

Ive been back to work 2 days now :( but despite the sadness of it being over me and hubby are loving being married :D

Just need to get around to sorting name changes and thank you cards now!
    :D
  • lollyb84
    lollyb84 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Back from mini-moon now. Going to start sorting name change stuff and thank you cards tomorrow. Loving being Mrs K though.

On honeymoon someone referred to me as OH's wife, he started his usual response of 'not yet....' before he stopped and went 'actually she is!' :rotfl:
    Married my wonderful husband 31st July 2011 :j
    Baby boy born April 2013 - and 2 became 3! :)
    Baby number 2 due May 2016 - 3 will become 4! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure