We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

GHDs from amazon (genuine)

Options
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ghd-IV-Styler-Hair-Straightener/dp/B000CSLJDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1249638272&sr=1-1

I know amazon are on GHDs approved online retailers list but these are despatched and sold by Pauls Hair World.

Does this mean they're OK or not?
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• underlay_guru
    underlay_guru Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IMO - go for it!

They are £110 on Pauls Hair World, and the website seems to be a legitimate company. I would give Pauls office a ring just for peace of mind

...then be cheeky and ask for a £5 discount, explaining that they will save selling fees if they sell them to you direct!!!!
    Profit=sanity
    Turnover=vanity
    Greed=inhumanity:dance:
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure, they're probably ok with Amazon selling them, don't think they'd sell counterfeits.

I bought some GHDs from ebay, to ensure they were real I asked the seller for the code on the label near the plug and phoned GHD to confirm that they were real, then picked them up in person.
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure, they're probably ok with Amazon selling them, don't think they'd sell counterfeits.

I bought some GHDs from ebay, to ensure they were real I asked the seller for the code on the label near the plug and phoned GHD to confirm that they were real, then picked them up in person.
    Given that the OP has Paul in his own name and blokes dont usually worry about hair straightners my suspicious little mind wonders if this isnt a bit of self promotion.
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • flower24
    flower24 Posts: 1,719 Forumite
    Options
    Given that the OP has Paul in his own name and blokes dont usually worry about hair straightners my suspicious little mind wonders if this isnt a bit of self promotion.

oh didn't think of that :doh:
  • underlay_guru
    underlay_guru Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Don't think so.......99% of self-promoters/spammers have a post count of less than 10 - most of their posts being on the same subject, plus the name Paul is quite popular, if you haven't noticed!
    Profit=sanity
    Turnover=vanity
    Greed=inhumanity:dance:
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think so.......99% of self-promoters/spammers have a post count of less than 10 - most of their posts being on the same subject, plus the name Paul is quite popular, if you haven't noticed!
    99% of men dont use hair straighteners.:D
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • jweb2k
    jweb2k Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's £80 + £5 delivery but:
    Amazon.co.uk
    £87.49 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
    In stock

For an extra £2.50 you can "be sure"
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    Options

LOL. You lot are dead suspicious.

No. Not that same Paul honestly.

Notice Pauls hair salons are in the North West.

Well then:-

wi'n byw yn Casnewydd (I live in Newport) !!!!
  • paulfoel
    Options
    jweb2k wrote: »
    It's £80 + £5 delivery but:

For an extra £2.50 you can "be sure"

Oh yeh. £87.49 direct from amazon. Think I'll go for these instead....
  • paulfoel
    Options
    99% of men dont use hair straighteners.:D

For my Mrs !!!!! :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories