Beat Your Bank

Options
Hi I found this out from CAB. No one told me, certainly not the bank or my credit card service.I think others would, should know. I beat my bank this way.

If you have a credit card attached to a bank ie. Bank with Barclays and you have a Barclay Card, and you cant pay your credit card monthly payment Barclay Card can look, and do, at your bank statement. If they think you have enough money come in they will take the money from your bank account with Barclays and pay the monthly payment to Barclay card with it. They don't have to tell you, they just
do it. The first you will know is when you get your bank statement. They will tell you its legal to do so. They will NOT tell you however that they CANNOT do it if you have outstanding utility bills at the time: Thats Gas, Electric, water in, sewage out. If you did and they took money you can demand it back. You send them copies of red bills or demand letters showing you are behind with your utility payments and they a) cant take any more money and b) Have to give you back what they took. Don't take any rubbish from them. Its illegal for them to take it when you have outstanding backlogged utility bills. dont agree to pay them something to get them to pay back what they took. That is illegal too. Ask your local CAB to handle the bank for you. I got a great result.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure