Full and final offer to DCA - Blair Oliver

Options
Hi

Advice please - I have a £23,000 debt with Blair Oliver and wondered whether anone had had success on a REDUCED full and final offer with them?

I am thinking of using my redundancy payout of around £10,000 to make them an offer?

The original lender BoS has supplied the CCA.

Anyone with any suggestions or had a settlement approved

Thanks

SC

Comments

• powerwin
    powerwin Posts: 319 Forumite
    Options
    This is not my area of expertise but I hope you can sort things out.

Is it that you're wondering whether it's a good idea to make them an offer or not?

Or are you wondering at what level to pitch your offer?

Are you going to have enough money for day to day living after making your offer?

Hopefully someone with more expertise in this field can help too.

Rgds
  • moonlightpjs
    moonlightpjs Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid Blair, Oliver Scott are very hard to deal with at the best of times and I am aware of people who have had a F&F of at least 75% of the outstanding debt to pay, BOS are very loathe to accept less and you may find that it may be better if the debt was sold to a DCA (this goes against the grain :mad: ) as they are more likely to accept a lower amount.

Blair, Oliver Scott are not an independant DCA, they are in-house collectors for BOS. Blair, Oliver Scott = BOS
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Once sold to a "proper" DCA you can usually get away with a low offer as they will often have only paid 10-15p in the £.

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As mentioned BOS are not the easiest. I had a debt with them, (Sainsburys) which I cleared with a f&f but didn't get the best deal I could have done. My Halifax debt is with them and I'm waiting for that to be sold on, so I'll get a better deal.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    May be worth a word with one of the debt charities as I believe they may be able to negotiate for you.

They may be more inclined to accept a lower offer as you are unemployed (I assume), in which case its x amount now or £1 a week for a LONG time.

You could try making proportinate offers to all your debts and explaining this is how you have worked it out. I have seen this be more effective as you are fairly splitting the amount over your debts. Or perhaps sit on the money and offer them token payments as you are unemployed.
    Even with an agreement made if it is very low despite the OFT guidelines they will often cut their losses and sell it on at which point you can make your F & F.

good luck

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business