notice to remove goods

Options
Well the !!!!!! have been and dropped a letter round today. i need to phone this baliff as soon as so he come to my house and collect my goods.

Please can anyone help, do I need to do this? Everything in my house is in my OH's name:confused:

am terrified....!

Comments

• kaya
    kaya Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    don't panic, ferrari owners, typical, copy the affadavit below, fill in the oh's details where suggested, take it to a solicitor, pay £5, send a copy to the bailiffs address and i would suggest copying it to your local police station just incase of any problems with an accompanying letter, do not open the door to the bailiff, all this is assuming the debt is in your name only?, also visit bailiffadviceonline for any other info regarding this matter

I (insert oh's name and address here)
    make this statement knowing that it may be presented to a Court and believing the contents to be true.

1. I am the lawful owner of the aforementioned address and own all its contents and I declare there is no entitlement enabling anyone to change ownership, possession, location, use and enjoyment of my goods or deprive me of them for the purposes of using it as leverage for obtaining a money transfer from somebody else.

2. I further declare that any bailiff or person seeking a money transfer from somebody else including members of my household may not consider my goods property and chattels to be prima facie to be the property of, or belonging to somebody else.

3. This statement will be served on a firm of bailiffs known as

of by ordinary course of post and will be considered good service under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 as they have made a threat to convert my goods to somebody else’s use.

4. I believe that the facts given in this statement are true.

[NAME] _______________________

Date__________________________

Sworn before me:

oh my god you are amazing. thank you!
  • myothercarisaferrari
    Options
    he's been back twice:eek:OH is not impressed at having to hide on teh stairs.

This is ridiculous. How did I end up like this?:eek:
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    Options
    he's been back twice:eek:OH is not impressed at having to hide on teh stairs.

This is ridiculous. How did I end up like this?:eek:

Why is your OH hiding on the stairs?

Perhaps I've missed another thread where you've gone into these details, but more into about who is chasing you for what sort of debt besides "the !!!!!!" might help.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • looktothefuture
    Options
    Why is your OH hiding on the stairs?

Perhaps I've missed another thread where you've gone into these details, but more into about who is chasing you for what sort of debt besides "the !!!!!!" might help.

.... and it if it weren't for RobertoMoir I'd also still be on the stairs hiding!

List all the details for RobertoMoir... He's very clever, and if I remember correctly :confused: was a bailliff himself... until he saw the light!:j
  • looktothefuture
    Options
    Roberto... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1855183&highlight= this is where myothercarisaferrari posted more detail!
  • myothercarisaferrari
    Options
    hi Roberto, sorry ;) as per my previous thread........I literally can;t take the calls/emails/letters/bangs at the door anymore. Things came to a head over the weekend and its resulted in me and my OH hiding on the stairs while this big burly guy banged on the door.

Nothing is is my name, nor is the mortgage and I have no possessions. i have emailed them today with a payment plan as I'm too scared to speak to them.

If i told him to !!!! off, would he? is he likely to come back with more peopkle?
  • looktothefuture
    Options
    My experience of my burly bailliff started the same as yours has... constant harrassment and bangs on the door while I hid at the back of the house with the cats! Then one Saturday afternoon my stepson and I were at home and he came a-banging and I had had enough! I was scared, upset and furious, all at the same time and the protective streak in me came out! I flung the door open to find a puny bald little man in a black suit, holding a clipboard and at that point all the anger crumbled!

You know what? I laughed and laughed until the tears came and then kept laughing! I was scared of THAT? Uh uh...! What could he do to me? He couldn't enter my home forcefully, he couldn't hurt me, he couldn't call the police on me... he could only advise me that my debt had become uncontrollable and that there was intention to try and remove goods - they wouldn't amount to much and in that case he wouldn't win....

The strangest thing happened... over the numerous times he visited, we became friendlier toward each other and he actually helped me in more ways than he ever realised. He never set foot in my house but he had many a cup of tea on the railing outside my house - all a bit bizzare really! I looked forward to his visits and calls and when my debt was finally paid (all £1500.00 of it), he sent me a beautiful bunch of Yellow roses!

I'll never forget his compassion and his understanding... not all balliffs are like my burly balliff but some of them do have a heart!

Bear that in mind while he's banging on your door!
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    Options
    I'll have a look at the other thread and read it properly when I'm not taking a tea break at work. It isn't fair to you or my employer to either skim read whats happening or to go back to work late.

In the meantime. You owe a debt, you have to deal with this (and I am sure you accept that) but you can take control of how it happens. Bailiffs do have powers but these are less than most people think in a lot of ways. You have to be wary of bailiffs but you don't have to be scared. As for debt collectors acting without court orders, these are often more intimidating but have no powers at all, really. Either way, its possible to take some control of how your debt is managed and hopefully use that to bring some peace back into your life.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport