Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• thriftyscotslass
    Options
    Evenin' all....

What an afternoon - the weather here is pants and very cold - brrrrr :(

Welcome home Padster. Who let those spendy elves out - Promarkers, I need more Promarkers - must resist....

Padster, OAP1945 and Choccy - look out for Postman Pat, he may be paying a visit tomorrow or the next day armed with a blingy ATC, a hearty card and ssstttttaaaaasssshhhh :T

Right time for fleecy pjs and a hot waterbottle methinks,
    Thriftyxxx
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry to interupt!
    I'm drooling over the discounted promarkers, but I can't remember what I ordered before, and knowing my luck I'll choose the same ones, lol!
    Does anyone here know what the Flower Fairies angel policy is? I've just been asked and have no idea...

Thank you :)

Edit: Oh I ordered the box maker too...just don't tell OH, lol. I can't wait for it to come!

your secret is safe with me , can't wait to see your boxes
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry ladies, I haven't been on for a few days. I seem to be down in the dumps at the moment but no idea why. I haven't been able to catch up with all the pages but have today made my card for JHB's Mother's Day challenge. I've put it on my blog, link via my profile.

Welcome home Paddingtondoo, hope you had a fabby time.

Ali - I noticed you asked about jacket potatoes. I always put a metal skewer through the middle of mine (lengthwise) as it will then cook from the inside out as well. The potatoes don't need any other pr1cking, the skewer is enough to stop them exploding. I use Gas 6 which is about 200C and put them on the rack near the top of the oven. Depending on the size of the spud it can take from about 1hr 15min to 1hr 30min. To test I take the skewer out and then poke it back in, in a couple of different places. If it goes in easily it should be done. I try to use Estima variety or if I can get to Tesco their organic baking potatoes seem to be really nice.

I'll try and gee myself up and hopefully feel more like joining in again soon.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    TomsMom Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps. You have had a lot of stress in your life for a while, and I don't think the winter weather helps. I'm sure it will quickly pass and you will feel like crafting again. You can always come on here for a moan, we are good listeners xx

I agree with you about the potatoes, Estima are the best ones for Jackets.
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Aw! tomsmum I know what it feels like to be in dumpy mode, sometimes it's hard for me to snap out of it, still, the dog gives me a massive cuddle and I feel better. Six months and he knows my moods better than OH :o

Sending (((((hugs)))))
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• melissa75_2
    Options
    TomsMum - strange you should say that - I've been feeling exactly the same way for the last couple of days - all I wanted to do was sleep yesterday!! I think its because I've had a cough for ages and I just want it to go!! Hope you feel better soon.
  • JailhouseBabe
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on - I hate it when work gets in the way of crafting. :p
    I'm nearly up to date with blogs, I've commented on most but the pc's playing up now and won't let me access some of them - I'll try again tomorrow.

Glittermum - great Mum card, I love the flowery paper.
    PepPop - thaks for the link to the ribbon tutorial, I've bookmarked it for future reference. ;)
    Dragonllew - thanks for the distressing link. I'm hoping to pick up some Tim Holtz at the NEC if it's not too expensive.
    Thrifty - glad you had a good weekend with the girls. Stay warm! :)
    Melissa - I've voted for you (I would have voted for you even if I didn't 'know' you, your entry was by far the best!).
    Sunrise - I love your magnet cards, where do you find these things? The lizard is my favourite, but I know my nephews would love the one with the car.
    Gemma - did the Paper Mill have a stand at the NEC in November? I'd love to visit one, but there aren't any near me.
    ali-b - I always cut a cross into the top of my jacket spuds before baking, cook them in foil for an hour at 225 degrees, then remove the foil and cook for another 20mins to make the skins crispy.
    Saucy - don't you just love the Internet? All that shopping without leaving the house, lol. Hope you feel better soon.
    Popkins - hope you also feel better soon.
    TomsMum - I seem to spend more time down in the dumps than out of them so I know how you feel. (((hugs))) Or, IMO the rather rude, MSE hugs - :grouphug:. It just looks a bit wrong to me :p:p

DD took some of my cards to work today and they said she can sell them for me. :j I gave her 20 and she said they were well-received (but only sold one so far, lol). Tonight I've had to make her a box that they can keep them in at reception, and an order for a good luck card for a colleague who's leaving. The bad news is she's only selling them for £1 each, the good news is it's all spending money for the NEC. :)

I'll post the box on my blog tomorrow, as it's my first box and I'm very impressed with it. :p:o

Sorry if I've missed anyone out x
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    Gemma - did the Paper Mill have a stand at the NEC in November? I'd love to visit one, but there aren't any near me.

yeah they were there in November which is why I'm hoping they'll be there in March too, only problem is you can spend hours filling your box of card :rotfl:
  • sunrise27_2
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on - I hate it when work gets in the way of crafting. :p
    I'm nearly up to date with blogs, I've commented on most but the pc's playing up now and won't let me access some of them - I'll try again tomorrow.

Glittermum - great Mum card, I love the flowery paper.
    PepPop - thaks for the link to the ribbon tutorial, I've bookmarked it for future reference. ;)
    Dragonllew - thanks for the distressing link. I'm hoping to pick up some Tim Holtz at the NEC if it's not too expensive.
    Thrifty - glad you had a good weekend with the girls. Stay warm! :)
    Melissa - I've voted for you (I would have voted for you even if I didn't 'know' you, your entry was by far the best!).
    Sunrise - I love your magnet cards, where do you find these things? The lizard is my favourite, but I know my nephews would love the one with the car.
    ali-b - I always cut a cross into the top of my jacket spuds before baking, cook them in foil for an hour at 225 degrees, then remove the foil and cook for another 20mins to make the skins crispy.
    Saucy - don't you just love the Internet? All that shopping without leaving the house, lol. Hope you feel better soon.
    Popkins - hope you also feel better soon.
    TomsMum - I seem to spend more time down in the dumps than out of them so I know how you feel. (((hugs))) Or, IMO the rather rude, MSE hugs - :grouphug:. It just looks a bit wrong to me :p:p

DD took some of my cards to work today and they said she can sell them for me. :j I gave her 20 and she said they were well-received (but only sold one so far, lol). Tonight I've had to make her a box that they can keep them in at reception, and an order for a good luck card for a colleague who's leaving. The bad news is she's only selling them for £1 each, the good news is it's all spending money for the NEC. :)

I'll post the box on my blog tomorrow, as it's my first box and I'm very impressed with it. :p:o

Sorry if I've missed anyone out x

sorry to quote your whole message but I don't know how to only quote a little bit of it lol
    I found the wooden shapes in hobbycraft - there were lots in the sale a few months ago so I went a bit mad and brought most of them lol - plus I get discount as I work there which helps
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2010 at 11:44PM
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    yeah they were there in November which is why I'm hoping they'll be there in March too, only problem is you can spend hours filling your box of card :rotfl:

Ooh, how did I not see them? Of course the next problem would be carrying boxes of card home! I'm hoping the pound stall will be there, I got some lovely card blanks last time, they were surprisingly good quality, and loads of mirri-card (sp?).
    Haven't received any goodies from the Quick Cards people yet, I'm sure the girl said she'd post them out around the 2nd or 3rd week in February.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure