We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

C&G SVR T&C's

Hi I am wondering if anyone can advise me a bit on the T&C's when on a lenders SVR. My fixed rate came to an end last November and I have been on the SVR with C&G (Im one of the lucky ones I know).

Are there any rules about overpayments I know when it was fixed I could only overpay by 10% each year. Is this the same on the SVR or can I go over the 10%?

Also if I was to rent out my property while on the SVR(while I moved in with girlfriend) would I need to inform them as I am not locked to any specific deal?

Not sure if these are stupid questions that I should know the answer to but would be greatfull if someone could provide the answers.

Comments

  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Can overpay by what you like, penalty free as soon as your tie end ( usually same time as moving to SVR- but not always, so check)

    Yes you need to get consent to let- believe costs £225, I find that they usually leave you on existing deal if feel " reason to let" is justified"
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.