We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

On Nationwide BMR - can i make lump sum overpayment

apples1
apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
edited 2 August 2009 at 7:05PM in Mortgages & endowments
Anyone know if I can make a lump sum overpayment on the Nationwide BMR? Terms of my fix whoch has now ended limited me to overpayments of £500 per month (otherwise there would be a penalty). I wish to make a one off lump sum overpayment -is this allowed without penalty now I'm on BMR?

edit - sorry, i have just finally managed to find the answer on their website.
MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!

Comments

  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    You can now pay off as much as you like, when you like, without penalty :beer:
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.