Bank reinstating DD

Options
Hi All

I'm a newbie to the board but have been reading for a while.

We have just started a DMP with CCCS. I have done everything that is expected eg cancelled dd, changing banks.

We have had a few letters from out creditors and on the whole things have been fine. Well that is until today when i went to the bank to check my balance and my bank have reinstated a DD for a loan to them and taken the money. Can they do this? I was aware that i needed to move my money but have been waiting on the new bank card and pin number to arrive.

We have had no letters from the bank other than to say they will be closing the account due to communication breakdown?? We have been keeping the bank informed of our situation and anyway was it not all of us tax payers that bailed out RBS!!! and this is the bank in question that has made us go down the route of a DMP as they wouldn't help at all. (partner starting a new job and needs to do 1months lie time but no thats just tough).

They money doesn't actually come out until monday so can i tell them to put it back? I read something about the DD guarantee and it says they need authorisation.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family